Jan 25, 2008

Need More Sleep

I've found out a couple things about myself in the last year or so.
1) I get way too involved in books and tv shows.
2) I shouldn't be allowed to say prayers when I'm half asleep.

I just finished reading this western book, Lonesome Dove. A big part of the story is this cattle drive that goes from Texas up to Montana. I was still in the middle of this part of the book the other night when I was saying my personal prayers and it was late so I was really tired. All of a sudden I realized that I was praying for good weather on the plains and that we'd be able to find water for the cattle! I figured I had better just end my prayer, go to sleep, and hope I'd be more lucid in the morning.
I've done this before when Matt and I have been in the middle of a season of 24 or something. I'll start praying that Jack Bauer will be kept safe and out of harm's way. Obviously I don't know what I'm saying because we all know that Jack doesn't need anybody's help! :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

That is the FuNNieST THiNG eVeR! I was laughing out loud as I read that. You're hilarious, Aubrey! Thanks for the laugh... & keep praying for t.v. characters! :)

McGinnis Family said...

You are so funny!

KVB said...

Well, it should just be a testimony to you that your prayers are heard (or herd for Lonesome Dove) when you pray for Jack, he always ends up safe in the end.

Tony and Traci said...

That's hilarious! I love you Aubrey

Anonymous said...

Aubrey, you are so sweet and caring that even the lowing herd gets your prayers! But if you're going to start praying for our favorite characters, how about praying that Preston Burke comes back to "Grey's Anatomy"? That show is unbearable without him!

Jensie Simkins said...

i'm glad you feel like you could share that with us.... ha ha! tyrell does that almost every time he says our night prayers... one time he blessed the colony. later he explained it was an ant colony. thanks for the laugh!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Classic story! So glad you shared it!