Feb 4, 2008

Ugh...

Well, I have joined the ranks of the sick moms! I started feeling a cold coming on Thursday and I've been trying to get a lot of sleep, water, and Zicam since then but, regardless, I've been pulled into the dark waters of headaches, lack of energy, and tissues! Yesterday was the worst and I'm so glad that Matt was home to take care of Bauer. He let me stay in bed and read almost all day! (His one condition was that I take a nap while he and Bauer were at church but the book was too good!)
I'm feeling a little better today, at least I can walk around the house without feeling too exhausted and I've even washed some dishes! Plus, today is the big starting-the-potty-training day. Bauer sat on his potty for half the morning with snacks and juice and watched some videos but he never went and finally I couldn't wait anymore and just had to lay him down for his nap. He was fine with sitting there as long as I gave him a few gummy bears along with his other snacks! I guess we'll see what happens after his nap!

P.S. Thanks toeveryone who's been giving me potty training advice over the last few weeks! I hope that I can take a little from everyone and make a plan that works for our family and Bauer.

6 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

You poor thing! I am so sorry you are sick! I feel your pain and hope you get better VERY soon! Be patient on the potty training thing. It'll happen, I promise. The first time we sat Connor on the potty, in front of the TV, etc. it took him a really long time to finally let loose and go. It'll happen. I promise!

Alyson said...

Hooray for potty training! I agree with Laura. Sorry about the sickness. It is HORRIBLE!Good luck with that!

Linz said...

Feel better soon!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

It really is going around. So sorry your sick, hope you get better soon!

Janee said...

What is going on?! There definitely is a nasty bug going around! I hope you feel better soon!

Tony and Traci said...

I hope that you are feeling better by now. Keep a set of extra clothes in your purse/car for when you go out b/c you'll think that he is completely potty trained and then when you least expect it will make a mess while waiting in line in some crowded store. (some kid behind me in Wal-Mart did that and it was aweful!)