Jun 4, 2008

12 Hours and Counting

Well, tomorrow's the big day! Matt, Bauer and I get on the ferry in Ludington at 9 am, which means we need to be there at 8 am, which means we need to leave at 5 am, which means I need to get up at 4 am! Yikes! I still have a few things to get done and almost all my packing to do, but we're waiting for our dinner to finish cooking because I just can't do anything with a painfully empty stomach! Tomorrow is my sisters graduation (7pm on a Thursday?) and then Matt comes back home by himself on Friday while Bauer and I go on with my mom to her place in Minnesota! Poor Matt, I think he's really going to miss us this year. I always feel bad because I have a blast over at my mom's place while he sits over here by himself. This year though, I'm going to leave him a big long to-do list to keep him busy! I've taken it easy on him the last couple years and he's slacked on the four jobs that I've given him. Hopefully if I leave a longer list he won't be able to forget about it so easily!
Anyway, I'll try to keep up on my blog while I'm over there so don't count us out yet! See you all (or most of you) when I get back!

7 comments:

Janee said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you had to get up that early! Thanks SO much for taking time out to help me with all that going on!

Hey and if Matt gets through your to-do list - send him on over and he can help Dan with ours if he gets bored! Lol...

Have a fun and safe trip!

Hope said...

hmmm I seem to remember a couple years back a to-do list, hanging curtains or something. You were telling me about it at swim class.
I hope that list goes well.

When Kurt left the to-do list was get Lillian potty trained. So to you Matt: I suggest your own to-do list for Aubrey :)
Have Fun!

Aubreydoll said...

Great memory, Hope! I think it was actually putting our vertical blinds up.....which didn't get done until well after I was home!

Ann said...

Have fun! Vacations rock! Even if you do have to get up that early. I think the "Honey Do" list is a great idea! My mother in law leaves one for E.Jays dad everytime she leaves and E.Jay hates that! I think I'll try it sometime and see what he does! :)

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Have a great trip, and just know taht you will be greatly missed!

McGinnis Family said...

Gosh! I will miss you and can't wait for you to come back! Keep me posted ok?

Ashlee said...

Have a great vacation, I hope that you get the chance to do a little relaxing while you are there! I'm thinking the to do list is a great idea. You have inspired me to leave one for Andy as well. I'll make sure he knows that you are the one to THANK!!