Oh boy, I can't believe we're back. I'm still having some mixed feelings about it. It just seems like every time I visit my mom and family it gets harder to say good-bye. Shouldn't it be getting easier?
I was really hoping to take a week off to recuperate from our trip, but instead we're just jumping back into our regular life like we were never gone! Young Women's and Relief Society activities, a girl's night out later this week, doctor's appointment, catching up on everyone's blogs, grocery shopping, etc. Plus, trying to unpack and get the house back into order. I hope the magic of us being back isn't wearing off on Matt yet because Bauer and I sure make a lot of messes between the two of us!
Now, a list of things that kept (or didn't keep) Matt busy while we were gone:
-Helped his parents with a couple things I asked him to
-Got really good at Guitar Hero
-Hung out with some friends that just moved back into the area (thanks again for taking care of him and making sure he was fed!)
-Painted Bauer's room
-Didn't mow the lawn for about a month and a half (just a slight exaggeration :)
-Discovered a skunk that was possibly residing under our front step (don't worry, it's not there anymore!)
-Went in with his family and got me an awesome early birthday present, but I'm not sure if I'm going to reveal what it is yet...
-Let the cupboards get bare because he hates spending money on food!
-Started going a little crazy and had conversations with the cats
-Worked the the to-do list that I gave him
-And, last but not least, lost some weight! (I'm sure not having any food around helped out with that!)
Anyway, I suppose once I get all my pictures on the computer I'll put a slideshow up here from the last half of our vacation, but right now I just want to go relax and watch some tv...and try out my birthday present....
9 comments:
I know Matt had some Tasty Twist a few times:) I think I could eat that every day...if my body would let me. Can't wait to see some pics from your vacation.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!
OKay, now I'm dieing to know what that present is.
I want to know too!? We are all glad you are home!
I'm sure we will feel the same way when we get back. We have a new place we have to move into before E.Jay starts school again and I'm not looking forward to that, although I am looking forward to not living where we were. I gotta know what the present is!
It's totally harder saying goodbye now! Call me in the near future OK! Laughed so hard reading about Matt's list of things he did.
You might have mixed feelings, but I'm glad your back. It just hasn't been the same without you. Even though your in YW now, and I don't see you anyway! It was good to see you Sunday.
BTW- I think I know what the present is. I won't say it here in case you don't want everyone to know!!
Ah ... when are you and Bauer coming back? It turns out the chaos is oftentimes preferable to the silence. I miss having someone to chase around that refuses to let me hug and kiss him and someone to watch "The Office" with!
Post a Comment