Jul 30, 2008

Random Goings-On

Well, I know it's been a while, but I really feel like we haven't done anything really blog-worthy lately. Bauer and I have been busy but it's mostly been everyday things that I know everyone else is doing, too!

Today, however, we finally entered into the 21st century......again. We got a cell phone! Matt and I each had one several years ago but never used them so we eventually got rid of them. But lately I've been feeling like I could really benefit from having one. So, when Matt's dad asked if we wanted his when he bought a new one, we gladly accepted and I've spent some time today trying to figure out how it works and, of course, finding a really fun ring tone!

Also, today I had the help of the oh-so-talented (and don't let her tell you otherwise) Alyson to make the cutest blanket for Bauer's space-themed room. (It's still a work in progress but I promise to post pictures once we get it finished!)


I know it's nothing too fancy, but it was in the range of my sewing capabilities! (You should see the one side of the blanket Alyson had me sew.....wait.....I take that back. It was so bad I wouldn't even let her look at it!)

Then we headed over to a birthday party for one of Bauer's friends and had a great time hanging out in the sun and watching the kids play in the water together. It got a little warm so I, for one, was jealous of the kids!
And, to end the evening, So You Think You Can Dance! I don't know about everyone else, but I really like Mark! I really have no idea who's going to win and don't even want to guess because they're all so good!! Now I'm off to start reading 'Eclipse' so I can prepare myself for Saturday when 'Breaking Dawn' comes out! Woohoo!

6 comments:

J.C. Carlson said...

Very nice edging on the blanket! You're going to have to teach Rachael and me how to do that!

Tony and Traci said...

I know what you mean about not having anything to post. About the car.....yeah... I don't know why that was stolen. My best response, and not a very good one at that, is because they're dumb.... I immediately regert saying that, but oh well. The blankey is looking very cute. The birthday party seemed to be a hit.. I haven't been able to watch so you think you can dance... But! (the most important part of the post hehe jk) is that I am super excited about Breaking dawn! I have been trying to pass the time with substitutional tasks but Saturday can't come fast enough! And on top of that I have to work! So I'll call you when I'm done to talk about all the gushy details (because we both know that you can read faster than any normal human capabilty ;P)

Jade said...

That is awesome that you haven't had a cell phone. I am impressed. I hate mine most of the time but really appreciate it those certain times that I just can't live without it.

Linz said...

My fave four are Twitch, Mark, Chelsea, and Katee. Even Nate thinks Mark is cool.

sugar_cookie said...

that blanket is so cute.

Dawn said...

Cute blanket. I guess that cell phone would've come in handy Tuesday night! Thanks again for the ride. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn. I will go early in the am Sat. to buy a copy to take on the plane to LA. We have to go see the movie too in Dec.!