Mar 21, 2009

Finally A Grown-up!

So, Matt and I finally made the important purchase of our very first washer and dryer this week! For the entire six and a half years of our marriage we've been doing laundry at his parent's house every week (bless them for not getting sick of us yet!). But, on Tuesday we finally went out and bought our own set (they had to be stackable) and they were delivered this morning at 8:15.I could barely contain my excitement when I heard the truck pull up in front of our house! I've already done two loads of laundry today and I can't wait to wash everything else in our house too. I'm sure the excitement will wear off eventually, but for now this chore seems more like a privilege than anything else!

In preparation for the washer and dryer, we had to paint the downstairs bathroom before they got here so we wouldn't have to maneuver around them.
Here are the candle holders that I based the colors on. I had originally gotten them for our bedroom but then never did anything with them...
Don't you just love that shower curtain?!
The bathroom is pretty small, even more so now with the washer and dryer in there (not that I'm complaining by any means!). But, there's more counter space and I'm looking forward to that once we move downstairs (this will kind of be our "master bath").
It feels really good to finally have one project done and out of the way. The bedroom switch is taking a while but I'll post pictures of that as soon as it's done!

13 comments:

J.C. Carlson said...

The bathroom looks great! Kudos to Matt for his good work. I love the machines; I'll love them more when I no longer have to go to the laundermat while I'm there!

Your home is looking so lovely!

Becca said...

Very Nice Aubrey! (and Matt) It looks awesome! I love it! I like laundry too, until I have to put it away :)

Linz said...

Very pretty bathroom!!

You guys have been very patient to be without a washer/dryer. It is well-deserved! And front loaders are great! You will be so happy to have them once your baby is here! So many onesies to wash!

sugar_cookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sugar_cookie said...

I washed just about everything we owned when we gout our washer and dryer! It's great having one of your own! the bathroom looks very nice.

Jen said...

Congrats on the new washer and dryer. I still can't believe you waited that long. Mark would have got sick of hearing my complain about it two years into the marriage and would have bought me one. The bathroom looks so good. Love what you did.

Katie said...

Congrats! It's funny how good it feels to have your own washer & dryer, huh? All I have is the memory of one... but I still remember loving it when I DiD have one! :)

Janee said...

Nice! I remember when we lived in HI and didn't have one (or dishwasher or air conditioner) - makes me grateful everyday for our own :)

Clark Family said...

Congratulations! You guys are making your house look great!

Tony and Traci said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys. I really miss having a washer and dryer in my place. My in-laws don't like us to do laundry on Sunday, so I have to dedicate an entire afternoon doing all of our laundry during the week. the Bathroom looks fantastic! I love the colors

McGinnis Family said...

Wow!!! Your bathroom looks seriously AMAZING!!! I love it! I could live in there!!! Don'tcha just LOVE having your own washer and dryer? I had to talk our clothes to our parents house for a couple years and it was a PAIN!!!

Alyson said...

LOVE the bathroom! And I am so loving your washer and dryer!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Wow, it looks really great! I love the color of the paint too.