Jun 3, 2009

Latest Project

For the longest time I've been wanting to get some kind of clothesline in my backyard so I can hang our clothes out to dry. Nothing smells better than sun-dried clothes and it always makes me think of my Grandma's house. She dries everything outside and I always thought the smell was just my grandparents themselves!

Well, I was finally able to rig something up on our balcony the other day and I love it! It's at the perfect height so Bauer can help and I can easily take the clotheslines down if I need to!
Laundry is still a fun chore in our house since the washer and dryer are still fairly new and now I have something else that I really enjoy about it! Plus it's a great way to harness some of Bauer's energy by getting him involved too!

6 comments:

sugar_cookie said...

i've been wanting to do some sort of clothesline too! i wouldn't dare hang anything outside here. I'm gonna try something in the basement....eventually.

Tony and Traci said...

cute pictures. I hung my clothes up at grandma's house in Kanab. I liked it, but the clothes always felt a little crusty... not to mention when I was younger we had to do laundry and my undies were hung for the whole world to see... including my cousins..

Aner said...

Ahh the sweet smell of Grandma!

McGinnis Family said...

I love clotheslines too! I swear that when I grow up someday that I will have a clothesline. Nothing is better than sleeping in sheets that have been drying on the line outside!!!

Rylie has the same dress, that green & turquoise polka dot dress! Love it!

Janee said...

I love a clothesline! I bet we've saved so much $ here in AZ by using one since it's so hot and dry here...

J.C. Carlson said...

Doth mine eyes deceive me? Are those Cadance's dresses air drying on the line? It seems to me I may have suggested that a time or two! Always remember: clothes look better and last longer if not put in the dryer.