On Sunday Bauer had the
privilege of eating his very first chocolate chip cookie! I found a cookie mix at
Meijer with non-dairy chocolate chips in it and just used his soy butter and egg substitute and - Voila! - we had Bauer-friendly cookies!

He was so excited and helped me make them, although he did get a little impatient when I told him that we had to bake them before he could eat one!
Hmm, a little taste test before an actual bite...
Matt and I sampled them too and they actually tasted pretty good! The texture is a little different but he's been enjoying them throughout the week. Next recipe we'll try, snickerdoodle!
8 comments:
Looks like you have been having a nice summer with family and friends. Just these past few months your kids have grown so much, can't wait to see you all when we come back soon.
Poor kid, I think I would die if I had his allergies. Although I guess he doesn't know any different. Probably just a pain for you! But glad he got to experience chocolate chip cookies-a must for everyone!
yay! To think we take things as little as a chocolate chip cookie for granted. So glad Bauer got to try them!
It's so unfair that he's had to wait this long. You are such a good Mommy always finding new things and alternatives.
Bauer looks so handsome in his blue shirt; it really brings out the color of his eyes! Thank goodness he can eat chocolate chip cookies--a must for a happy life!
Yay! That's awesome that you were able to find that. It would have been sad if he never got to taste the joys of Chocolate.
That is so great that you found that! Yay for Bauer!!
Holy Moly! Has it been like 2 years since Ive seen Bauer, he is getting soooooo big!
Post a Comment