Sep 18, 2009

Allergy Update

Here we are, another year later and another allergy update...only this time it's better news! Bauer's blood tests have come back negative for his egg allergy and his skin test is down to a 1 (4 is the highest and the worst)! We have an appointment to go back to the allergist in a few weeks to do the "Egg Challenge!" Basically, I have to bring some scrambled eggs in and feed small pieces to Bauer at certain intervals and they monitor him to make sure his body can handle it. I am seriously so excited, it would be one less thing for us to worry about if he didn't have the egg allergy, not to mention he'd be able to eat more of a variety of food!
I brought the Bumbo with us because I had to hold (and wrestle) Bauer when they were doing the skin test and we have to stay there for about 20 minutes while they watched the reaction. All of the nurses loved Cadance, her bow and the fact that she was sitting in her little Bumbo. A couple of them even came to peek in our room because everyone thought she was so cute!

8 comments:

J.C. Carlson said...

What great news! Now Bauer can eat egg salad sandwiches with the rest of us! "Egg salad! My favorite!"

Becca said...

Uh of course! She is super cute. That will be awesome! I hope that everything goes well :)

Linz said...

Wonderful news!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

That is great news. I love that you took the bumbo with you. Aren't those things the best!

sugar_cookie said...

Yay Bauer! that is such great news!

Rylie said...

Yay for Bauer! Yay for eggs!!

Mean Aunt Rachie said...

Yay! That's fantastic! Eggs are so yummy. :)

The Richardson Clan said...

HIp hip hooray! If all goes well let's have an egg party! ;)