Oct 28, 2009

Pumpkin Painting

This year we decided to completely side-step the mess that is pumpkin carving and do something a little craftier! I saw a really cool ribbon pumpkin on a friend's blog and decided to copy it, in my own unique way, of course! :)Obviously Cadance needed a little help with hers! I made a ribbon spiderweb with a happy spider wearing a top hat to go along with it! Whenever I would put the pumpkin next to her she would immediately take the tag off and start sucking on the ribbon!So here's her pumpkin...with the tag attached!Bauer painted his pumpkin completely on his own! If you can't tell, it's Earth and we stuck a rocket on a popsicle stick so that it can orbit around the planet. He loves to spin the pumpkin in circles to help the rocket along!Here's my pumpkin with about twenty different ribbons on it! (I think I went a little overboard, but it was so much fun and I love color!) I tied a knot on the stem with a piece of every color and added a tag that says "Happy Halloween." I'm sorry that you can't see it in the picture!
And, what else, Matt with his MSU pumpkin! Although, I think he did a pretty spectacular job with the "S"! It almost looks like we photoshop-ed the "S" from his shirt onto the pumpkin, which we didn't! (Apparently we don't know how to include the tag in our pictures, but Matt's pumpkin tag says "Rah Rah Rah" which is in keeping with the team and holiday spirit!)
Here's the back of Matt's pumpkin...I think it's supposed to be scaring away Michigan State's competition, but you'll have to ask him...

9 comments:

Alyson said...

I love the ribbon pumkin idea! I'm going to copy it!

Janee said...

Way cute! Yeah, I, um, threw Maya's pumpkin away! Lol...

Linz said...

Amazing!!!

J.C. Carlson said...

Oh Aubrey, what a girlie pumpkin! I love it! And I say, the more ribbons, the better.

Bauer painted the clouds himself? That's amazing; they look just like clouds being blown by the spinning of the Earth!

J.C. Carlson said...

P.S. Cadance is looking deep into my eyes, and she's saying, "Mimi-Dearest, I must come visit you for Thanksgiving ..."

Becca said...

Those are some cool pumpkins! That S is pretty much perfect! haha. Very cute idea.

Tony and Traci said...

How clever. I love them.

Rylie said...

Your pumpkins looked awesome! Such a great idea, instead of carving them. I have to say I am super impressed with Matts "S".

Mom said...

Did you notice that Matt's eyes are open?