Jan 6, 2010

The Final Days of 2009

Hopefully the blogging world will welcome me back with open arms after my ridiculously long absence!
Our Christmas this year was filled with a lot of fun, laughter, and tons of delicious food! As always, we had an absolutely wonderful time with Matt's family and were so sad to see all of them leave.Bauer especially had a great time with everyone this year and never wanted to be home. He played with everyone, was spoiled by everyone, and loved every minute of it! One thing he really enjoyed doing this year was hiding out with Poppy in the "cave" (aka - Noni & Poppy's bedroom) telling scary stories by the light of a lantern and eating Poppy's homemade trail mix (chow mein noodles and marshmallows...).
(You know, you'd think they would be a little happier after just spending the day being showered with gifts, love, and attention!)
We also went bowling again this year which is always fun! I wish I had written down all the scores but, since I didn't, I can just say that I actually played better my second game than I did my first which almost never happens!
A new tradition we started was a Girl's Night IN! All the Boardman/Liston/Noell women (minus Cadance this year...) had a night of pampering complete with facials, manicures, and pedicures while watching one of my new favorite movies, "Julie & Julia"!
We also went ice skating again and Bauer was so excited to go and had been talking about it for weeks! He and I got there, put our skates on, got out onto the ice and that's when Bauer remembered that he didn't really enjoy it that much last year and he hasn't changed his mind 12 months later! Oh well, at least the anticipation was fun!

Merry Christmas!!! (Even if it is a couple weeks late...)

5 comments:

Katie said...

aubrey! glad to see you had a good christmas. i feel like i haven't seen you in forever. let's get together soon!

sugar_cookie said...

Bauer looks so happy with his space bingo game!

Becca said...

I look drunk in that girls picture! haha. It was a lot of fun to be home! I miss you all! Love you!

J.C. Carlson said...

Bauer and Cadance do look a bit glum over receiving so many gifts. I guess they're getting tired of opening them!

J.C. Carlson said...

I love the last picture of you and Bauer. You both look so happy and beautiful!