Jan 29, 2010

We All Scream For...

One of the things I received for Christmas this year from my mom was a KitchenAid mixer. I never really saw what the big deal was with KitchenAid...until I used it for the first time. It was wonderful! Then, Matt gave me the ice cream maker attachment and I thought I was in heaven. We've made ice cream twice, the first flavor I attempted was pumpkin...it was a fairly involved recipe and it turned out okay. But then, last night, I made cookies and cream (more cream than cookie) and I really was in heaven!
This stuff was so good that when I was licking off the excess ice cream on the beater (yes, I still do that) I literally had ice cream all over my face and I didn't even care! It's the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted and it has just a hint of Double Stuf Oreo cookie. Matt will just have to act surprised if he comes home and the rest of it has mysteriously disappeared...

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Oh my gosh that is the coolest thing ever. (Oh, pun. Sorry.) And Clayton often misses out on treats. It's how I keep him so skinny.