Feb 26, 2010

Igloo Debut

This week I decided to take a page out of one of my friend's books (or, more appropriately, a post from her blog). I saw that she had helped her kids build an igloo and it reminded me of all the igloos I used to make when I was younger (although I may not have been as young as you think...i.e. I was a senior in high school the last time I made one...I've always been a kid at heart).Bauer was way excited to get out of the house (so was I) and could hardly control himself while I was building the igloo. He kept asking me every few minutes if it was done!When I finally finished hollowing it out, I grabbed the camera because I was so excited to see him playing in his very first igloo...only to be disappointed when he was too scared to go inside! I'm not really sure what the problem was, but I think he thought he was going to get stuck. So...
I squeezed the top half of my body inside to show him how much fun it was to sit in an igloo! I have to admit that I didn't really want to come out because it blocked most of the noise coming from...
...this devil in disguise! (Just kidding, she's as far from the devil as a person can be!) However, she did cry the entire time we were outside. Literally, the entire time. It wasn't until we came inside that the tears stopped but that was about the only improvement in her mood.So, I decided it was snack time and Cadance was just fine with that!
Eating is totally one of her favorite past times.
And, even though Bauer was disappointed that we couldn't stay outside longer, he occupied himself by playing with his "umbrilla." One of the best investments I've ever made because he absolutely loves it!

6 comments:

Alyson said...

great pictures Aubrey! You always have so much fun with your kids!

Natalie Koester said...

Awesome igloo. Looks like you all were having fun, well at least 2 of you. Seems like I haven't seen your kids in a long time, hope you are all getting healthy.

Jamie said...

That is a pretty sweet igloo I must say. Very talented. I'm glad one of us decided to make something fun out of all of this snow.

Chad & Marisa said...

Your igloo is amazing! Very well done. You are such a great mom to go out and do that! Darling pics as always!!!

Linz said...

That igloo is better than any igloo I attempted to make growing up. Awesome!

J.C. Carlson said...

When I was in grade school a few millennia ago, I was in an igloo my friends and I were working on. Some boys were walking by excitedly commenting on our cool igloo. One bent down and looked in and said, "Hey! There's a kid in there!" I've always been grateful they didn't cause an avalanche otherwise I might still be trapped in it.