Mar 2, 2010

Camping is in Tents

For some reason, Bauer has latched onto this idea that he wants to go camping...all the time! It's been going on for weeks so I finally decided it was time for me to do something about it. So...This weekend, we went camping. We pitched a tent, built a fire...
Made our own trail mix and told stories while we were eating it in the tent...
And then we roasted marshmallows. After enjoying our slightly-blackened-by-the-wick marshmallows we crawled back into the tent to read stories by the beautiful fluorescent glow of a flashlight. It was a perfect evening and probably one of the best camping experiences I've ever had!

11 comments:

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

Seriously AWESOME parents!

Ann said...

You never cease to amaze me in your creative talent. You are definitly an inspiration. I love the little fire you made out of the cut out hands. TOO CUTE!

Chad & Marisa said...

Aubrey, you are amazing. What a darling idea! Your family is so lucky to have you. How creative! And I too LOVED the hand fire. Once again, you amaze me with your talent.

Linz said...

YOU ARE THE COOLEST!!!! And I love the fire!!!!

Got your messages you sweet girl--let's schedule a time to skype soon!

Marianne & Clayton said...

That is seriously my kind of camping!

Alyson said...

WOW! You truly are amazing! What a good mommy!

Janee said...

Ok, this is officially the cutest thing I've ever seen! Aubrey you rock girl!

(This is definately MY kind of camping lol!)

Tony and Traci said...

What a fun idea.

J.C. Carlson said...

Aubrey, you are a fabulous woman and mom! But I am wondering about Bauer's eyes in the photo: is he wearing googly glasses or are those real!

Jamie said...

I am SO copying you. What a great idea! You are too cute.

Becca said...

That is so cute! I love it and this is my kind of camping too! No bugs! :)