Apr 30, 2010

Spring, Spring, Spring

Since I've been back from my very short trip, I've had almost no motivation to do anything at home! I know, it's sad, I should be recharged and energized...

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the pictures I'm posting, but it explains the lack of anything else going on this week! A couple years ago I planted a crab apple tree in our front yard. It's a tree dedicated to my grandpa (my mom has one in her yard, too). I love it when the flowers start to bloom on my little tree and Bauer loves it, too! We went out to look at it today and I just couldn't resist taking some pictures of it.And since I was already outside with my camera I had to take some pictures of the tulips that have been growing in the rain gardens in our neighborhood. After the two years of construction we had to go though, at least something beautiful came out of it!Of course, these pictures would be much better if I had gotten a picture of the Ingham County Jail inmates cleaning out the rain gardens a couple of days ago...I'm not joking. The only reason I didn't was because I was too engrossed in my book! Let's just say that when those guys come around to clean up the neighborhood I make sure that all my doors are locked! (Paranoid much?)
And here are my two little blossoms hanging out in their pajamas...just like we've been doing all week! (That brings me back to the no motivation part...)

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I love spring flowers - that first pic is so pretty. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging out in pajamas all day... besides it makes for less laundry!

Janet said...

So much beauty in those pictures: flowers, children, and memories of grampie ...