My mom came to visit us for a week and a half and we had so much fun with her! It was hard to say goodbye (I'm getting really tired of that word) but at least we know we're going to see her again at the end of June!
Bauer and Cadance had a lot of fun just hanging out with Grammie. One of Bauer's favorite things to do with Grammie was jump on the couch throwing the Mario toy he'd gotten from her in the air while she would take pictures of him with her cell phone. No joke, one day they did this for an uninterrupted hour and 45 minutes!
We also took Grammie to one of our favorite parks. While we were there we saw the first neighborhood ducklings of the season! So cute!
Later that night we built a fire and roasted marshmallows. The first s'mores of the summer! Bauer enjoyed a few stories from my mom while I enjoyed more than my fair share of marshmallows and chocolate...
We took my mom to see the butterfly gardens since she'd never been there. There were a ton of butterflies so I spent most of the time ducking under them as they flew by! Bauer and Cadance had a great time and we even spotted a caterpillar crawling around. Then, we headed over to the Children's Gardens and found 2 big turtles and 4 babies in the pond! One was close enough that I was able to reach in and grab it. I don't think the turtle was too happy, but Bauer was really excited about it! He was fine letting me hold it the whole time though...
We headed over to Jumpin' Jax on a semi-rainy day to give us all something to do. I - ahem, I mean, Bauer - had a great time going down the slides and crawling through the obstacle course. Cadance had fun walking all over the place and chasing after the balls that were there. And Grammie had a wonderful time sitting in the massage chairs!
Unfortunately, my mom went back home on Thursday. She took the ferry over so we spent the day in Muskegon before she had to leave. We went to the beach and hung out for a while while Bauer played on the playground. I brought swim suits knowing it would be kind of chilly, but I wasn't prepared for 70 mph winds and water so cold that my feet got a brain freeze! When we were all chilled to the bone we drove back to a candy emporium we saw on the way to the beach. It was small but amazing! I think both mine and Bauer's eyes were about to pop out of our heads! When I came home and told Matt about it and asked him how much he thought I spent, he answered, "Fifty dollars?" Thankfully, no, but that's how big of a candy fiend I am!Thanks for coming to visit, Mom! We've really missed you these last couple days!!
3 comments:
We really do a lot of fun things! I'm so happy I got to spend time with everyone. I know Bauer has plans to do more couch jumping and picture taking once he gets here, but I told him no jumping on my couch; it was okay at your house! Oh, and tell Matt, no, we didn't spend $50, but we did spend $25 at the candy store! (Bryce bit the head off his horrible gummie snake!)
What fun! I can see where you get your zest for fun, you're mom! Your kids are lucky to have such a great grandma! Glad you had a good visit.
You get such awesome pictures!!! I love the one of Bauer in mid-air. That little ladygbug park looks so cute. The S'mores collage is awesome!!
Post a Comment