May 29, 2010

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Now that I've talked about what we did with the kids, it's time for what my mom and I did alone!
On Saturday Matt stayed home with Bauer and Cadance while we drove up to Owosso to visit some of my mom's best friends. We went out to lunch with them and enjoyed hearing all the latest news about the people we knew while we lived up there. Before we left we stopped by our old house (which is unoccupied) and had a peek in the windows. It was really weird, almost like I was looking through time! I could almost see all of our stuff in there and could imagine just walking through the front door and all of a sudden being my high school self again. And, it was a little funny to see that the door to the entryway was the same one that we broke when we lived there! Obviously the landlords couldn't find the time in the last 9 years to fix it!After that my mom and I went out to get pedicures and then were talked into getting manicures, too. We had to look our best for...
Our big night out to see The Phantom of the Opera! Oh my gosh, if there's a word that means amazing, breathtaking, incredible, emotional, heart wrenching, and mesmerizing all at once, then that's the word I would use to describe that show. Holy cow!!! I love the music and Matt and I saw it right after we got married, but I had completely forgotten it. My mom and I loved it so much that we made a very impulsive decision and bought tickets the next day and saw it again!! Yes, it was that amazing, and yes I still want to see it again!

6 comments:

Natalie koester said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time with your mom, that is always so nice. Totally cool that you saw Phantom twice, I enjoy doing things on impulse sometimes it makes it just a little more exciting. I like the picture of the cute chubby toes, sorry just had to say it. Miss you guys and wish we could join in the fun with you. I know Evelyn misses having her good friends around.

mike100 said...

Ahhhh, what a fun time with your Mom!!!! Great musical to go see too!!! Ok, who's toes were the blue ones? LOVE them!!!!

Janet said...

I wish I could be with you guys all the time. I had the best time! The pictures turned out perfect! Now, if you could only add a video of the Phantom ...

Marianne & Clayton said...

Jealous and jealous! So proud of you for going twice! I saw it when I was 17 and have never forgotten it.

Linz said...

I love your impulsive choice to see it again!!!!

Janet said...

Just to set the record straight, the blue ones are Aubrey's and the chubby ones are mine!