Last weekend I had one of the most amazing weekends ever!! My best friend from high school, Crissy, invited me to go jet-skiing with her and her dad. We used to go quite a bit when we were in high school and I haven't been able to go since!
I met them up in Chesaning and, when they were done with work, left from there. We stopped to get some lunch on our way out of town and we decided to start the jet-skiing a little early! (And when I say we, I actually mean Crissy! I would never have done this on my own, but when I could tell she was seconds away from physically pulling me out of the car I jumped out to avoid an even bigger scene!)
Crissy ordered...
...and picked up our food while we were riding the jet-skis! The lady who gave us our food gave us the funniest look! And when we pulled away they cautioned us not to fall off! We couldn't stop laughing!
As soon as we got up to the lake and campgrounds, we set up camp as quickly as possible and changed into our suits! Then, off to the lake! It was so amazing! As soon as we got past the "No Wake Zone" I floored it! That big jet-ski goes 55 mph and it was amazing! I love the way it feels when you hit the gas and the front end of the jet-ski comes up and you're just flying! I felt like I had ADD because Crissy kept wanting to mess around doing turns and trying to spray each other but I couldn't help speeding away! Of course, that would only work for so long because the smaller jet-ski only goes 35 mph and we had to stick together!
Then, after having my turn on the big one, we were going to switch. I turned the engine off of mine when we got close enough and reached out to grab Crissy's hand. Unfortunately, it was the hand that she need to turn her engine off too so she didn't stop! Well, she stopped...but the jet-ski didn't! I pulled her right in the water, she was the first one to go in! Then, later when we were just messing around and having some fun, I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going and I took too sharp of a turn and threw myself off! Myself! And on the smaller jet-ski! I slammed my hip on the way into the water and wrenched my left hand off the handle. I was sore for the rest of the night! Then, just as we were headed back to the dock, Crissy was messing around on the bigger jet-ski with her dad, Greg, on the back and just as Greg was adjusting his grip (since he'd been sitting on the back holding onto the handles for about 3 hours!) she turned and bucked him off! It looked like it hurt! So, we all had our turn in the water, some more painfully than others...
After that we went back to camp and Crissy cooked us hamburgers over the fire. Once we were done with dinner we had a lively game of Bocce Ball across all the empty campsites. It was the most interesting game of Bocce Ball I've ever played, with the target ball being thrown in bushes, under picnic tables, and between trees. Then we enjoyed the campfire until about midnight, Crissy and I played cards for a while in the tent, and then sleep!
Up bright and early the next morning to make breakfast! We had bacon, eggs, toast, and hash browns! Yum...
This girl sure knows how to cook over a fire!
Then, while we were waiting for it to warm up a little bit (if you can call 67 degrees warm enough), we played some cards before we went back out on the lake. I have to admit that I had to start cheating in order to win! But, in my defense, it was a new game that Crissy was teaching me!
After we took down our campsite, it was back out on the lake for another 4 hours of jet-skiing! Crissy and I went out by ourselves for about an hour (I don't think her dad's hands could have taken another full day of holding on for dear life!). It was a little warmer than it had been the day before so there were more boats on the lake. We spent most of our time chasing speed boats and jumping their wakes! (Oh, and I forgot to mention that the day before Crissy was riding with me while I was driving and I was jumping a boat's wake at 55 mph! Usually she's the crazier one, but she said that she wouldn't even do that! I guess it was a little crazy but so awesome!) One boat started weaving back and forth and going in circles to make bigger waves for us to jump over! It was so much fun, but then when they stopped (we think they wanted us to go over and talk to them) we waved to thank them for the waves and sped off in the other direction!

We had a little fun playing around to get a few pictures. When I hopped on the back I made Crissy promise that she wouldn't throw me off (which is what we used to try to do all the time when we were younger). Well, she kept her promise, she didn't throw me off but she did manage to tip the jet-ski too far to the left and we both tipped right off, too!
We also spent about an hour tubing with the jet-skis. It was so much fun, Crissy got up to 24 mph, and I topped out at 20! I don't know how fast her dad got up to while he was in the tube, I was just surprised that we convinced him to go! After we all had several turns in the tube alone (and several turns skipping across the water like skipping stones) Crissy suggested that she and I try to go tubing at the same time! It actually worked really well but by that time I was totally beat! Her dad was towing us back to the dock (from quite a distance away) and my hands just couldn't hold on anymore. Crissy was literally holding onto my arms and I was trying to get a grasp on the handle and I just said, "Sorry, I can't do it anymore..." and let go and just bobbed in the water until they came back for me.
It was seriously the most awesome weekend ever, I felt like we were teenagers again just out at the lake with her dad! By the time we left we were all burnt, bruised, and beat-up in some way or another. Both days we stayed out on the lake until we were all shivering and couldn't hold onto the handles anymore. I have bruises all over my knees from when they were smacking on the water while we were tubing! I was still on cloud 9 when I got home and went to bed, and fell asleep to the sound of jet-ski engines revving in my memory...
Then, after having my turn on the big one, we were going to switch. I turned the engine off of mine when we got close enough and reached out to grab Crissy's hand. Unfortunately, it was the hand that she need to turn her engine off too so she didn't stop! Well, she stopped...but the jet-ski didn't! I pulled her right in the water, she was the first one to go in! Then, later when we were just messing around and having some fun, I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going and I took too sharp of a turn and threw myself off! Myself! And on the smaller jet-ski! I slammed my hip on the way into the water and wrenched my left hand off the handle. I was sore for the rest of the night! Then, just as we were headed back to the dock, Crissy was messing around on the bigger jet-ski with her dad, Greg, on the back and just as Greg was adjusting his grip (since he'd been sitting on the back holding onto the handles for about 3 hours!) she turned and bucked him off! It looked like it hurt! So, we all had our turn in the water, some more painfully than others...
It was seriously the most awesome weekend ever, I felt like we were teenagers again just out at the lake with her dad! By the time we left we were all burnt, bruised, and beat-up in some way or another. Both days we stayed out on the lake until we were all shivering and couldn't hold onto the handles anymore. I have bruises all over my knees from when they were smacking on the water while we were tubing! I was still on cloud 9 when I got home and went to bed, and fell asleep to the sound of jet-ski engines revving in my memory...
4 comments:
That's great you could have so much fun! It's good to leave responsibilites behind for a bit and feel young again. Thank goodness for old friends!
Oh my gosh good for you! Aubs, you really know how to live life, girl! I admire it!
Soo fun!! It looks like you girls had a blast!! We miss you!!
How FUN! I love love love jet skiing! We live 10 mins from a lake and I've been begging Dan to get a boat but he's not having it :(
Post a Comment