Sep 8, 2010

First Day(s) of School

Yesterday, when all the other kids started school, Bauer's Young Fives class just had a meet & greet with his teacher and the rest of the class. We got to have a look around the classroom, play with the toys and Bauer made a teddy bear to go on his locker.He was really disappointed when we had to leave to take Matt back to work, but I took that as a good thing since he really enjoyed being in his classroom!This morning we woke up bright and early and Bauer got to eat the breakfast he requested - sunbutter & jelly sandwich with apple juice!Of course, we had to have a first-day-of-school photo shoot before the bus came!Obviously he was very excited when the bus drove up to our house! He was a little nervous to be riding by himself, but I told him that Cadance and I would drive up to the school and be there when he got off the bus to make sure that he knew where to go. He was okay with that arrangement!We got up to the school a few minutes before the bus pulled up and we were right there when he jumped off. He came running up to me and told me that he made a new friend on the bus, I guess I don't need to worry about the social aspect of school for him! He lined up with his class (next to his new friend, Frankie) and blew us a kiss, waved, and walked into the school with his new teacher and classmates. I have to say that I ducked my head and held back the tears as I was walking back to the car, as excited as I am for him it's really hard for me to not be involved in this new part of his life!Cadance and I enjoyed the morning together and then went outside to wait for the bus to drop Bauer off. Cadance occupied herself by playing with her new favorite toy - rocks!And then we heard the bus coming around the corner and I have to say that I was so excited to see it driving down the street! I couldn't wait to hear all about Bauer's first day at school!
Obviously he was excited to be home! Bauer came running off the bus and ran up to give me a huge hug! Then he told me about his first day and then, because he enjoyed it so much, went to another pretend day of school before he told me about the rest of his day!
I'm so happy and excited for him, I know he'll love being at school and he already loves his class and teacher! And we love you, Bauer!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Bauer, I am so proud of you! I am happy that you like school so much! Love you dearly!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Are you kidding me with that bus shot? You're killing me Bauer! That is one of those frame it, send it to all the grandparents, put it in the wedding video kind of shots.

Linz said...

I love his haircut!!! A young 5's class? How perfect is that! I want that for vi next year. How often does he go and for how long?

Ann said...

I was going to say how much I loved that pic of Bauer when he saw the bus coming too! Too cute! Way to capture the moment Aubrey!

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

LOVE! HEART! LOVE! I love Bauer! Love the picture with his hands in the air! So cute!

The Richardson Clan said...

Holy cow Bauer is in school! He is such a boy! Where are all his curls? Love the new look. He looks so different with his hair short.

Tony and Traci said...

That's awesome that he had a good time with his young 5's. He looks good with his new hair cut

Becca said...

He is getting so big and looks so different since the last time I saw him at Christmas! He looks so happy to be going to school...you can see it in every expression :)