I think it's pretty obvious by now that I'm a huge Survivor fanatic! I haven't made it on the show yet so I decided to bring Survivor to East Lansing!
The night started off with splitting everyone up into tribes. We had The Haters...
...the Pink Panthers...
...and The Cobras!
Then, we moved outside for the first challenge. Everyone started off on the their tribe mats and, when I gave them the okay, opened their maps. There were three places that they had to find and each hiding spot had a bag they had to collect for their tribe.
Hmmm...which way should we go??
Once a tribe found all their bags they had to run back to their mat, open the bags, and start piecing together the phrase out of the seven words that were in the bags.
United You Must Be
To Win Immunity
Once they had the correct phrase they had to tape the words to their poster board, grab their flag, run back to the mat, and stake their flag into the ground. The first two tribes to do that moved on to the next round.
All three tribes were pretty neck-in-neck the whole time, but The Cobras were the first to finish the first challenge! After that, it was a crazy close race to see who else would move on. I happened to snap this picture just as the last two tribes were finishing! It was decided that The Haters were the second tribe since Marisa wasn't on the Pink Panther's mat (sorry Marisa!).
The next challenge was a blind-folded water challenge. The Cobras and The Haters lined up between a large bucket of water and a small empty bucket. Then they had to use small cups to transfer the water from the large bucket to the small one.
They weren't allowed to talk to each other, but the Pink Panthers had been split up and were designated as "callers" and could verbally help the two tribes if/when they needed it. The Haters won the second challenge, but that one was really close, too!
Then it was time to go inside for the final challenge of the night, a limbo contest! Originally only the tribe who won the second challenge was supposed to move on, but everybody wanted to participate for the reward - individual immunity and the Survivor: East Lansing immunity necklace!Thanks everyone for coming and being good sports about everything, the night couldn't have been better!
4 comments:
How fun! That's what I miss the most about Michigan...all the awesome get-togethers we would have! So weird that I don't even recognize anyone in the pics (except you and Rochelle)!
I'm with Janee. A lot has changed since we left. They look like great girls! I'm glad you're still making Lansing rock! And don't worry, you'll be on Survivor before you know it! ;-)
I'm jealous! You have so many lovely friends to hang out with! Looks like you girls had a lot of fun. Keep on trying to get the show, Aubrey!
How Fun! Wish I could have been there but I'm glad you guys had such a great time! You are the Party Master!
Post a Comment