After a delicious dinner it was time for presents. Uncle Tim showered the kids with gifts and he couldn't have chosen better ones if he had tried! Tim gave Bauer a remote control helicopter (which Bauer freaked out about when he opened), a remote control Iron Man ("Oh wow!! I've wanted one of these my whole life!!), and playdough for the kids to share.
Cadance got a Vtech reader and a kitty that purrs, meows, licks it's paw and rolls over onto it's back while you pet it. As soon as she unwrapped the present she started going crazy for it and waited very impatiently for me to get the box open!
I'm not really sure what's going on here, but I love that the kids are crowding around Tim and watching what he's opening!
Bauer and his second cousin (Is that right? The daughter of my cousin?) Keira had a blast playing and playing and playing all night long! I basically had to drag him out of there when we left because he was having such a good time.
After the kids opened all of their presents it was onto the White Elephant gift exchange for the adults. Here's Matt opening Tim's present and Tim explaining why he brought it! Haha!
One of our White Elephant gifts from last year made another appearance...along with lots of other White Elephant gifts from past Christmases! My Uncle Marvin and Aunt Tricia host the party every year and apparently always get stuck with a lot of White Elephant gifts that people "forget" to take home. We even left something there one year, but totally by accident!
After White Elephant we all gathered around the table to play a game of LCR. Tons of fun and I was literally one roll away from winning the game (and the cash prize) and I blew it! Oh well, I guess it meant more the kid who did win than it would've to me. Tim is helping him count his prize money!
Thanks again Carlson family, can't wait until next year!!
1 comment:
The Carlson Clan always provided a good time. Glad you had such fun!
Post a Comment