Jan 12, 2011

A Wicked Trip

This year for my mom's visit, we met down in Chicago for a night before she came all the way over here. A few months ago we discovered that Wicked was going to be showing at one of the theaters in Chicago and decided it was a perfect time to go!I picked her up from the train station and we headed over to our posh hotel room. We were on the 17th floor!Here's the view out of our window......and the view looking down! Yipe!

We went out to dinner, talked, went back to the hotel for a little bit, talked and talked, then we went out to get some hot chocolate, talked some more, went back to our room, and talked until it was time for bed! We went out for breakfast the next morning, packed our stuff and walked around the city until it was time for our show. (Can I just say that I've never been to a hotel that actually had a concierge? She was awesome! Thanks Concierge Marie!)

While walking around, we happened upon several flocks of pigeons. One flock flew over us (Look out below!) and one of the pigeons literally almost flew right into my mom! I swear it's wings touched her! In true form, she threw the hood of her jacket over her head and screamed so loud that it echoed off the buildings for several minutes!Then we found another large group of pigeons huddled around an eternal flame. It was dang cold out, I don't blame them!This little guy walked over to my mom and hopped up on her shoe for a second. I wasn't fast enough with my camera to capture that. Then it walked over to me and, right after I snapped this picture, tried to take a little bite out of my sock! Sorry pal, nothing too tasty here!We made our way over the Millennium Park and took a few pictures. If you look really, really close, you can see my mom and me in the reflection. 50 points for anyone who can find us!Here we are inside the Cloud Gate. 10 points if you can find us in this picture!Zero points if you can find us in this one!Then, our final destination for the day and the whole reason for our trip, Wicked!!
It was amazing! We were both so excited to see it, my mom especially! I've already seen it (not that it's any less amazing) but my mom hadn't. I'd sent her the music at the beginning of December so she could listen to it before we went. It was seriously so good that it brought tears to our eyes! BRAVO!!

5 comments:

Linz said...

I love that you did this with your Mom! What great memories to make.

Becca said...

How many points if I cant find you in that pictures that is worth 0pts if we can? ;) Looks like fun!

Rylie said...

Linz took the comment right out of my mouth, I LOVE that you and your Mom did this. I love the relationship that you ladies have. I so enjoyed seeing you two interact together! Love the 2nd picture btw! You ladies look beautiful!

Sarah said...

I love Chicago! I'm so glad that you guys had such a nice trip there.

Janet said...

I was a wonderful trip, so much fun. We'll have to do it again! And we didn't even mind seeing the sites of Chicago in January!