Aug 2, 2011

Great-Grammie and Company

My grandma had open heart surgery earlier this year so she's been recovering at the hospital and a nursing home ever since. We went to see her a few times and still went to her house even though she wasn't there. It was really weird not having her home and we all hope she gets to come home soon!!I bought some rocket balloons from the toy store while we were up there since they're are one of Bauer's favorite things to play with! We only went through a fraction of them and I forgot the rest when we came home, so I guess we'll have something to look forward to next year!Cadance just wanted to blow one up herself and she never gave up!While we were out there one evening we got to witness two baby birds leaving their nest! They didn't fly too far so we were able to see them up close. My mom also had to shoo one out of the road when a car came!We went out for the 4th of July, too. Rachael and I made a small meal and some root beer float cupcakes!I think Cadance liked the cupcakes. I think.Bauer and Bryce had a fun time playing photographer. I guess when you have your picture taken as much as they do it's only natural to be interested in photography!Uncle Bob tried to teach the kids how to golf and then we set off the small fireworks that we had. The kids loved them!
Cadance was really curious about the fire and was acting like she just wanted to sit with Grammie, but it was all a ruse to get closer to the flame!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Blue is really Cadance's color! Her eyes really POP in the photo with the blue blouse!