Sep 28, 2011

Our 6 Year Old!

On the 17th, our little boy turned 6 years old! How crazy is that?? They celebrated in his class at school the day before since his birthday fell on Saturday. He was super excited about the pencil he got to bring home! I guess when you're a kid, any present is great!I also made cupcakes for the whole class. Bauer was so excited to bring them in and even shared one with the principal and the secretary in the main office!Cadance really wanted to try Bauer's birthday crown on...it caused some issues.The next morning Bauer was up bright and early and as happy as he could be! (And who isn't on their birthday??) I had his presents all wrapped and piled up in my room and he got to decide which one he wanted to open first. I always space birthday gifts out through the whole day so it's not this crazy overwhelming gift opening session and then a letdown for the rest of the day!One of the things that he told me he wanted to do for his birthday was go to Jumpin' Jax. I was expecting a lot of big requests but that was it (along with playing with his toy cars and going to the park). So, after a yummy breakfast, off we went! We played and played and played! And, surprisingly, there weren't that many people there so we could do anything we wanted without a big crowd of kids in the way!Cadance, of course, had a blast, too! We went through the obstacle course a bunch of times and, had she been brave enough to go alone, she could have made it through without my help. That girl can climb!Bauer's favorite is definitely the basketball blow-up! I thought we'd be there for a really long time, but Bauer informed me that he was ready to go home and play with cars (and open more presents)!He got to open a present again right before we went out to dinner with Noni and Poppy. It's a book about dinosaurs and this is one of the pages in it. When we saw it we both burst out laughing because that bird looks so ridiculously funny!After a whole day of Bauer being showered with gifts, I gave Cadance a couple pairs of kitty socks so she wouldn't feel too left out. She loved them!
Happy Birthday, Bauer!! You're a sweet boy and you deserved to have a day where we could spoil you and love you and just be happy that you're in our family!

No comments: