Oct 29, 2007

Car Trouble

Matt's brother, Ben, stopped by the other day to drop off a cd we had accidentally left up at their house on Sunday. When he knocked on the door I peeked out the window to see who had stopped by unexpectedly and this is what I saw in my drive-way!


I went running up the stairs and pulled the door open and there was Ben standing dejectedly on our front porch saying, "Here's your cd back." Apparently he had driven past our driveway and tried to back in and grossly miscalculated where our driveway was! We tried to think of people to call who could help us and no one came to mind who would be home on a Thursday afternoon so we got to work coming up with some ideas.
Well, both of us together weren't heavy enough to pull the back end of the car down. The two of us together were not strong enough to lift the front end of the car up and push it (yes, yes, go ahead and laugh, we sure did!). We kept waiting for someone to stop and help us because several people drove by gaping at the car (including a couple guys in a truck) and no one felt the need to lend a hand!
Finally, after a couple more failed attempts, the last idea we had was to tie some straps to his axle and hook it to our trailer hitch and slowly back it out. Ben was afraid that we would tear up the front of his car if we did this so that's why it wasn't the first thing we tried. Thankfully everything stayed tied where it was supposed to and, with the help of Ben sitting on the back of his car, I was able to successfully tow his car out of the ditch! Needless to say we both started jumping around like a couple of idiots and high-fiving each other for a job well done.


4 comments:

KVB said...

I am pretty impressed that you would fess up to it. I know all of my driving screw-ups were kept secret until it was too late to yell about it.

Anonymous said...

You guys are super heroes for getting the car out!!

Tony and Traci said...

Somehow this doesn't surprise me much... that driveway of yours is a car eating Monster! I almost got stuck in there one rainy day. I could see the situation perfectly in my head. Ben's voice and everything! well done though. My car would still be sitting there if it happened to me :(

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can totally see Ben just coming to your door and handing you your CD without mentioning the car. I am still laughing about it. Ben, youre awesome. I wouldnt know what to do if I was in that situation. Yall are smarty pants! Job well done! haha, still laughing.........