My new obsession....Wicked. Whenever I find a cd or musical that I like I listen to it nonstop until I know every word of every song and everyone around me is sick of listening to it over and over and over! It really annoyed my roommates before Matt and I got married. I think Matt just accepts it as one of my quirks and lets me have my obsessions. But, I digress...I kept hearing about Wicked all summer so I finally borrowed my brother-in-law's scratched copy and started listening to it and quickly became hooked. Imagine my surprise when I went to my first band practice of the season and found out that we were playing songs from Wicked for our Halloween concert. My obsession begins...
Then, I finally got my hands on a good copy of the cd and it really begins. Every time I got in the car I would turn it on, put myself into the role of Elphaba, and start singing my lungs out! Now, whenever we go anywhere Bauer starts asking us to turn the music on because I'm always singing something! (I just got out of a six-month Les Miserables relationship and I'm sure Bauer could sing every one of those songs in his head.)
Anyway, I had to return the cd to the library today and I'm really bummed. I guess I'll just have to wait until next summer when Wicked comes back to the Wharton Center for my alter ego, Elphaba, to be satisfied!
Any suggestions on what I should move onto in five months?
5 comments:
Cute blog! I am glad you sent out your blog to everyone. It is fun seeing what we are all up to!
Dude! I am the say way with Wicked!!!! I listen to it at least every night and I bought the piano music too! It's awesome!!! By the way, I'm glad to have your blog!!! Yay!
I got to see it in Chicago in April. If you can't wait, that's not too far from you.
Do you watch Ugly Betty? Their episode last night was at Wicked and they featured at least 3 songs. Maybe you could check it out on-line.
I wish I could hear my little precious one singing "Wicked"!
Yay! I love your blog! Thanks for giving out the address!!
Post a Comment