Mar 24, 2008

Egg Roll

Wow, what a weekend! We started out on Saturday with a really fun birthday party with an Easter egg hunt and a pinata (Bauer's first)! Bauer wanted to keep swinging at it, but there were so many kids everyone only got one turn. Then, after a lunch and nap break, it was back up to the church for an Egg Roll! I'd never heard of this before, but everyone was supposed to bring a named and decorated egg and, two at a time, you roll the eggs at each other and hope yours doesn't break. Then, if your egg stayed intact, you got to move up in the bracket. It was so much fun!

Bauer had a great time decorating eggs. He didn't want to put his eggs down! Of course, we didn't let him play with his "tournament" egg otherwise it would've been broken before we entered it!

Intimidating the competition.


The five competitors! (From left to right) The Cosmic Cruncher, The Egg-inator, State!, The Treble Trembler, and The Green Lantern!

The Cosmic Cruncher up against the Football! Three of our eggs actually did really well in the tournament. It wasn't until I made the cocky comment to Matt that my eggs were going to have to go up against each other in the finals that I started losing! The Treble Trembler made it all the way to the Final Four, but then lost against the only organic egg in the competition. I don't feel too bad though, because the organic egg won the whole thing. If I had to lose, at least I lost to the best!

And, of course, a little break for the March Madness to make the day complete!

1 comment:

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

It really was a fun day. Are you sick of us yet???