Mar 24, 2008

Easter Morning and the Disaster That Followed

Bauer checking out his Easter Basket.
Finding all of his Easter eggs.
He had such a fun time looking for his eggs that we had to hide them two more times, so he went on three egg hunts before playing with his present!

Enjoying the spoils of his Easter basket!

Like most people, we try to get family pictures of us dressed up on Easter. While I was getting ready for choir practice, Rachelle (the choir director) called me and said that their car battery died and asked me for a ride to church. I had to speed up the process of getting ready and leave early, so we didn't have any opportunity to take a picture before I left.

Fast-forward two hours and we're now at church, sitting in the back of the overflow listening to the first speaker. I'm preparing myself to go up and sing with a few other women when all of a sudden Bauer lets out this huge belch! Everyone around us looked over, and most people laughed (including us), but as I was watching Bauer, he started doing this rapid swallowing thing. I realized what was going on so I started whispering to Matt, "Get him out, get him out!" but he didn't hear me. I put my hands up in front of Bauer's mouth just as he started throwing up all over the place! Matt grabbed him and we ran out of the chapel while he's spewing all over the place! Thankfully, he didn't get anything on anyone but himself, but he ended up throwing up a little in someone's car seat (thank goodness the baby wasn't in there!). We ran into the bathroom and as I was quickly washing my hands and trying to clean Bauer off, I realized that I was supposed to be singing any minute! Matt told me to go, so I ran back into the chapel just in time to see most of the other women already up on the stand. I had to go bookin' it up there and pretend that I was feeling very calm and spiritual, when in fact all I could think about was the big mess that we had to clean up and the fact that my son (and his Easter outfit) was covered in vomit!

As soon as we were done singing I went back to help clean up, but thanks to a few guys sitting around us, Matt had it all taken care of. We were so grateful for the help, it made the situation a lot less embarrassing! I'm not really sure what happened, maybe too much Easter candy before church?! Needless to say, Matt took Bauer home and changed him out of his clothes. So, that's why we don't have a family picture of all of us in our Easter finery!

8 comments:

Linz said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amberly said...

man, this stuff only happens in movies! ... and to the boardmans on easter...

Hope said...

An Easter to remember that's for sure!

sugar_cookie said...

Grammie Dearest says: I told you about all that candy for breakfast!!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Poor little guy! I feel so bad that we were laughing. It does make for a great story though...

Janee said...

Poor Bauer! I was wondering what all the commotion was over there! If it's any consolation - you looked great on Sunday! Where did you get those shoes? Yes, I do notice these things...

Tony and Traci said...

Oh no! Poor little guy! It kinda reminds me of when Tony and I went to the Emergency room for his chest pains and this little girl spewed all ove the floor in the waiting room.... not so cute....

Big Daddy C said...

I had to laugh a little. That candy will do it every time.