Apr 23, 2008

10 Things About Bauer

Okay, okay, I know I said I wasn't going to do tags anymore but how can I pass this one up? It's all about the little B-man!

1) Bauer loves to read. We read him a couple books right before we lay him down for his nap or for bed and every night he runs over to his book shelves and starts asking, "Which one? Which one?" Then, as soon as we finish one, he jumps off our laps and is back over there! "Which one? Which one?"

2) Bauer loves our kitties. Unfortunately, they haven't had the greatest experiences with him in the past! He's great with them now, but it took a lot of practice and we still have to keep an eye on him sometimes. Our orange kitty, Francis, is the only one that won't immediately run out of the room so he's really the only one that Bauer ever gets a chance to pet. Angel (not pictured for obvious reasons) turns into a gray streak and is gone before Bauer even notices she's there!

3) Bauer's a little bit of a narcissist. Just kidding! But he does love to mess around in the mirror and loves to watch videos of himself over and over and over and over.....

4) Bauer has his two special blankets that he has to sleep with at night. We named the one on the left Blankie, but he named the one on the right Mankie! He has another one that he sometimes has in his bed and he named it Manket. It's just so funny to me that even though he doesn't really care as much about that one it still has a special name!

5) Bauer absolutely loves all of his friends! Any ads, commercials, or videos with other kids in them always end up with someone he knows being in it. Apparently we know a lot of famous people! We see Ellie all the time, and today we saw Weston in a magazine ad. In his perfect world, playgroup would be a never-ending activity!

6) Bauer loves fruit, fresh or canned. But his favorite is any kind of berry. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries galore! I can't wait until berry-picking season starts and he can eat all the fresh berries he wants. The funny thing is that when I was pregnant, the only thing I wanted for 9 months was fruit! That's it!

7) Bauer is a technology junkie. He fits right in with the other Boardman men! He loves movies, the computer, cell phones, and now, of course, the Wii! He asks to box all the time. He never makes it very long and usually ends up asking us to play something, but it's still so funny!

8) Bauer loves to play hide-and-seek. Whenever one of us leaves the room he thinks that we're going to hide. His favorite place to hide is in our closet. Whenever we open the door he's instantly inside and trying to close the door! He asks, "Where's Bauer?" and then flings the door open and yells, "There he is!" We've learned to be quick about finding socks and picking out our clothes!

9) Bauer loves the park! We could go there everyday and he would never get sick of it. Last year he was all about the swings and not so much the slides. This year we can barely get him to stay on a swing for more than a minute and he absolutely refuses to sit in a baby swing! He's turning into such a daredevil now! He just wants to climb on everything, including the slides. When I was a kid you would've thought that I was part monkey with the way I played on the playground, but as a mom I'm so paranoid about him falling and getting hurt!

10) Bauer loves outer space and anything having to do with outer space! I bought a couple cantaloupes last week and they were quickly dubbed asteroids! The plugs for our kitchen sinks are planets, one of them specifically being Mars. His space shuttle is his favorite toy to play with and I get to hear about the fuel tank and rocket boosters all the time! (We get a lot of books from the library now so his knowledge of space is unbelievable.) He really blows me away that it's such a huge passion of his and I'm not really sure where it came from!
Translation: "Mercury." "What planet is this?" "Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto!" And the four main moons of Jupiter that are in the books we read, "Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto!" (He did skip Venus, but I assure you, he does know the planet well!)

Now, Bauer would like to tag Brayden, Jesse, Bryce, Logan, Connor, Lillian, and Violet! If you don't want to do it you don't have to, but who doesn't love a chance to brag about their kids?!

5 comments:

Becca said...

I really loved this entry....not being able to see Bauer often, it helps me know him. He is soooo smart!

Aner said...

He's so smart! He's lucky to have a good teacher!

sugar_cookie said...

That is amazing that he knows so much about space!

I cannot belive that Francis isn't the one running for his life out of the room.

J.C. Carlson said...

I am so impressed with my little man. I love him so much! I went to play group with Rachael and Bryce today and a little boy just took to me and sat and played with the doll house (okay, I was playing with it first) with me. He was so sweet and reminded me of Bauer so much. No, no curly hair or solar system passion, but he was only a few months older than Bauer and I felt like I was talking to my precious little guy. He was sad to see me go and I had to promise that I might see him again some time.

I'm just so proud of Bauer and cannot wait until I get to see him again! I'd better be on the lookout for something from outer space ... maybe a piece of an asteroid ... ?

The Richardson Clan said...

What a smart little guy! He loves to read? I wonder why? Oh, and I love the office. Great job!