Apr 30, 2008

Just When You'd Given Up...

Most of you know that we had really been trying to potty-train Bauer, but everything seemed to work against us all at once. Bauer was sick, then I was sick, we had our friends come up to visit, and we've been so busy since then that it was just too hard to keep up the potty-training, not to mention Bauer didn't really seem to be making that much progress. He still would never tell me when he had to use the potty! So, we've kind of put the training on hold.

That being said, this morning I was in the shower and Bauer was just playing in the bathroom. He wasn't wearing a diaper so I reminded him that pee-pee doesn't go on the floor, it goes in the potty. He left the bathroom and came back a few minutes later carrying his little potty (he'd taken it out earlier to use it as a stool to reach something he wasn't supposed to have!). Unbeknownst to me, he set it up, sat down, and went pee! I didn't even know what was going on until he started saying, "Oh, you went pee-pee!" over and over. I was shocked! That's the first time that's ever happened! I suppose now we'll have to pick back up and start the process all over again, but at least it won't be from scratch!

Anyway, here's a picture of him enjoying the reward: Skittles! (Don't mind the stars.)

This has nothing to do with anything, except that it was too funny not to take a picture of! Bauer, obviously still in the nude, found a pair of my shoes and really wanted to wear them around the house. Plus, for the first time, he wanted me to put some make-up on him while I was putting mine on this morning. Do you think he's around girls too much?

6 comments:

sugar_cookie said...

Oh that's so cool, Bauer is turning into such a big boy. Bryce does the same thing with my shoes, purse, make-up. I will be putting on my make-up and Bryce will get my bronzer brush and start brushing on his face and then use the make-up sponge and dab it on his cheek.

Linz said...

Love the editing on the pic!

Rylie said...

Hahaha that is too funny!

Tony and Traci said...

Yay Bauer!!! The pictures are funny. I'm glad that he is starting to get the hang of things. I could only imagine how frustrating it could be.

The Richardson Clan said...

Yeah for Bauer! I hope it continues to go well. I'm dreading the day I have to start that process with Xavier. You'll have to give me some tips and tricks.

Jeff and Chelsy said...

yay for bauer. Hey I have like 9 pull ups that i am trying to get rid of do you want them??