Well, two weeks after that we ended up in the ER because Bauer had his first reaction to a peanut. I won't go into too much detail, but he ended up with a peanut in his mouth but he spit the whole thing out and I thought that would be the end of it. I gave him some Benadryl (which always help with his reactions to milk and eggs) but it didn't seem to do anything for him. His eye was all red, he started wheezing again, and was crying like he was in pain. I called the allergist, explained what was going on, and was told to take him to the ER. He cried the whole way there and when I told the receptionist what was going on they took him back immediately. By the time they had him hooked up to an IV to give him some medicine his whole body was covered in hives. Thankfully we were only there for a couple of hours but they prescribed him some more medication to take for a couple days.

Now yesterday...
Bauer started showing signs of getting another cold and then woke up yesterday and was wheezing, coughing and taking really shallow breaths. Again, long story short, I called his doctor's office, explained what was going on, and then took him in because they wanted to see him. After hearing about what happened four weeks ago his doctor said that Bauer probably has a mild case of asthma. So, he sent me home with prescriptions for three different medications and a nebulizer. So now we have to give Bauer breathing treatments three times a day for about a week and a half and then we'll go down to two a day for another couple weeks and then see where things are after that.
I was so overwhelmed yesterday. We have no idea where all of this is coming from! Matt and I have never had these problems! How much more can Bauer take? How much more can I take?!
5 comments:
Oh gosh! I am so sorry Aubrey! Your poor little guy needs a break and so do you!
Poor thing! I hope that he doesn't have to suffer any more than he already has. You must be stronger than I am cause I freak out if Lauren has a stuffy nose (well, maybe a little extreme but you know what I mean:). Hope you all feel better soon about the whole situation.
If any Mom can take this on, you can. But I know watching our kids go through these things is so unnerving.
Poor lil guy and YOU! My goodness! I feel your pain - I had to take Maya to the ER last night because she was running a 103 temp. Fortunately, she's fine but we were there from 3am-7am!
I hope everything gets better soon!
Poor little Bauer! Our thoughts & prayers are with you guys.
Post a Comment