Wow, I can't believe we've been here for two and a half weeks, but at the same time it feels like home is so far away and we've been here forever! Bauer and I are having a blast with my family. Bauer has his little cousin Bryce over here who has (thankfully) kept him entertained most of the time, and vice versa! We've been on the go just about everyday getting out and doing something. Swimming, to the parks, bowling (a first for Bauer, and he got his first and only strike on the first roll!), mini-golf (also a first), spending time with my grandma, etc.!!
It's so great being here this year because my sister lives in Winona now and so we've been trading off watching each other's boys so that they can run some errands and whatnot. Last Friday they took Bauer with them to Steamboat Days (the local fair) and my mom and I went to the local srapbooking store and scrapped from 4-10pm. I was awesome! I left for about 25 minutes so that I could put Bauer to bed but then ran right back up there. Our friend, Megan, brought her Cricut along and I've decided that I need one now. Oh my gosh!! It was the first time I've seen one in action and I just can't believe that I ever thought I didn't need one. So, now I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!
On another note, my sister thought that the slip and slide video that I posted a couple weeks ago looked like a lot of fun so she went and bought one for us to bring out to my grandma's house. It's a lot easier to relive our childhood days when we're out there! Unfortunately, my grandma's lawn doesn't have any kind of slope and for whatever reason it felt hard as a rock! After we were finished with the slip and slide, Rachael, Dustin (my sister's boyfriend), and I ended up playing monkey in the middle with a little football. Um, in case some of you don't know this, I'm very competitive and I would get frustrated with being in the middle and start.....um......tackling Rachael so that I could get the ball from her. Ugh, lets just say that even though my mind felt young, my body didn't quite feel that way the next day! I've got bruises covering my both of my knees, my back ached for several days, my elbows were banged up, and my stomach and ribs hurt from being slammed into the ground while we were going on the slip and slide. Oh well, it was fun so that makes it all worth it, right?!
5 comments:
Competetive? You? No way! Just kidding.
Sounds so fun! I showed Nate the slip and slide and Father's Day videos and he was totally busting a gut. You're family is so cute and fun! We miss you so much!!!!!!!!
Scrapbooking for 6 hours, no fair! I'm glad you're having fun! Have I mentioned that we miss you yet?
Man! Sounds like you are having a blast! We miss you! Come back soon!
Sounds like you are having a great summer!
When are you coming home? I know you are having tons of fun, but we miss you. :)
Post a Comment