Aug 21, 2008

Bauer Wants Privacy

The other day I was in the bathroom putting my makeup on and Bauer had come in and was just playing around. After a few minutes he just stood there and then started saying something to me that I couldn't understand. After he repeated it a couple of times I finally figured out that he was saying, "I want privacy. Mommy, I want privacy!" He's never said that to me before but he's heard me say it to him. I asked him if he needed to sit on his potty and he said yes. I got him situated and then left the room and closed the door most of the way so that I couldn't see him.

He came out a minute later and I asked him if he had gone potty, he said yes. But there wasn't anything in there so he told me again that he wanted privacy and then sat down on his potty again. Okay.... Anyway, repeat this process a couple times through and finally I just gave up and started putting my makeup on again. Obviously he didn't really need any privacy, he just wanted my attention or something.

Then, he came over and stood next to me and started eyeing all my makeup. "Mommy, I want privacy," but he kept looking at my make-up. I said, "Bauer, this is Mommy's makeup. Privacy is when you want to be left alone." After I told him that he just left. Um, am I supposed to take to mean he thought "privacy" was makeup and that's what he was really asking me for? He must've been thinking, "Uh, sure I'll sit on the potty, but what I really want is to put your makeup on!"

8 comments:

Linz said...

That's hilarious!

Aner said...

Too cute!

Aner said...

Too cute!

Clark Family said...

I tell my little one she has to just pretend with my make-up but PRETEND rarely happens, she ends up with it somewhere on her face. Funny!

Tony and Traci said...

Hehe! thats really funny! He is such a cute kid! I am excited to see him at Christmas time.

Johanna said...

Aubrey you are so good at writing comments that you make me want to be a better commentor (is that a word?). Anyway Bauer is great. Maybe if I wore makeup more often EZ would be interested. Go you for keeping yourself looking good.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Now I am just waiting for a picture of Bauer in make up...

Rylie said...

That is the cutest thing!