Sep 15, 2008

Bauer's Birthday Party

*Post Warning - I usually try to narrow the pictures down when posting an event, but this is Bauer's birthday and there was a very short screening process so there will be lots of pictures!

Bauer's birthday isn't really until this Wednesday, but we had his party on Saturday so that his Uncle Ben (who left today for his mission) could be there! As most of you know, Bauer has an uncontrollable love of anything having to do with space and/or rocket ships so this year I decided to do a space-themed party! I got online and found lots of great ideas of things that we could do for his party and I'm so glad I did because we ended up getting rained out and had to have the party inside. Unfortunately, I was so preoccupied with making sure everything ran smoothly that I forgot to take pictures of the "Musical Planets" game and the "Moon Rock" hunt (candy wrapped up in tin foil).

Anyway, here's a picture of Bauer's rocket ship cake with surrounding cupcake planets and jello stars! The candy on the table was all space-themed, too. We had Starbursts, Orbits gum, Pop Rocks, and Milky Way bars!


Bauer helping to sing "Happy Birthday" to himself. So cute!

Getting really excited to blow out his candles!

And blowing them out.....with a little help!

Most of the kids eating cake in the kitchen. It wasn't until this moment when Bauer was surrounded by a sea of pink that everyone realized most of his friends are girls!

Diving into the presents! It was so funny, everything Bauer opened he wanted to play with immediately and I had to keep reminding him that we could play with them after we were done!
Some of the kids enjoying the spoils!
Bauer's Noni and Poppy got him this awesome astronaut costume! As soon as he opened it he wanted to try it on. I wasn't sure if he would want to wear it right away since he's not really a "dress-up" kind of kid, but he loved it! He did ask us to take it off after a while because it was pretty hot in the house with all those people. When Matt took his helmet off his head was covered in a sheen of sweat!
Playing with a cool rocket launch toy that was the hit of the party! All the kids took turns jumping on the air pump to launch the rocket. Bauer was happy to share as long as he got the most turns!

All in all, I think the party went really well! Bauer had a great time and that's the most important part! I was a little sad that we couldn't have it outside because we were planning on launching an actual little rocket but it just didn't work out. Oh well, maybe everyone will just have to come back over another day when the sun is out again! Thanks to everyone who could make it, we had a blast!!

9 comments:

sugar_cookie said...

That party looks like it was a lot of fun and Bauer looked liked he had so much fun. He looks so cute in his astronaut costume!

J.C. Carlson said...

He is the sweetest little astronaut on the planet Earth!

Linz said...

Very creative! I love it!

Aner said...

Happy Birthday Bauer! That costume is too cute. I love the cake too, awesome idea!

Dawn said...

Sorry we were so late to the party, but thanks for inviting us. It was fun. Your cake was awesome! And I absolutely love his astronaut costume! Is that what he is going to be for Halloween?

Tony and Traci said...

Happy Birthday Bauer!! Sorry we couldn't be there. Looks like you had as much fun planning the party as he did being at the party. I'm sure everything tasted Delicious :) (to piggy back off the last comment) His space suit would be one of the few costumes that he wouldn't have to wear a coat with! Good thinking Noni and Papi!

McGinnis Family said...

It looks like you really did have a "blast" (I'm so funny, ha ha!) for Bauer's birthday! He is so cute! Every curly-headed boy that goes by, Connor will call him Bauer! We miss you and I STILL love your hair! So dang cute! It's a keeper!

J.C. Carlson said...

How about plenty of pics of Bauer in his astronaut space suit--one's good enough to frame. He is just too sweet and cute for words in it. I want to hang some in the entryway to show off my little scientist!

Rylie said...

I love his little space suit! What a fun party!