Matt and I have both been so busy lately that we really needed to take an evening and do something fun together as a family. I found out that there's an MSU Sailing Center right next to Lake Lansing that rents canoes so we went to check it out on Saturday night. This past weekend happened to be the last weekend that they were open so we were lucky that we went! I think it was Bauer's first time in a canoe and he had a pretty good time. Matt was a little nervous because the boat was a little unstable and Bauer kept wanting to move around but we didn't capsize so it ended up being a great evening!

Bauer wanted to help paddle the canoe but Matt was worried that he'd drop the paddle in the water and we wouldn't be able to get it back!
It was so relaxing being out on the water, I just love the sound of water gently lapping against the side of a boat. I think I spent more time dragging my fingers in the water and daydreaming about going swimming than actually helping Matt steer us around the lake!
After Bauer got used to being in the boat he had a fun time playing in the water! He also discovered that when he screamed it would echo across the lake...
.JPG)
After canoeing we had a picnic at the park and discovered that there is a lunch meat that Bauer will eat: Salami! He just finished off the last little bit today and he's loved every bite!
10 comments:
How fun!! And just in time now that the weather has turned.
I always thought about doing that, but I was too afraid to take EZ in the canoe. Glad it went so well. EZ loves salami too and we just discovered that he loves bacon as well. Of course they like the stuff that isn't good for them. HaHa.
Wow that looks so much fun! Too bad I can never get Dan on a boat because of his severe motion sickness :(
What a fun idea. The weather was beautiful for that too. Bauer looked like he was loving it.
That sounds so much fun!
Cool! SOmetimes I think I need to get out more and find out what there is to do around here!
That looks like a lot of fun!
What a fun day with the family. We need to go and do something like that before it gets cold!!!
Bauer looks like he is having so much fun! It's wonderful that he has parents that love him so much and are making sure he has the opportunity to do different things! Perhaps I'll be able to join in the fun next summer ... ?
Post a Comment