Nov 18, 2008

All About Bauer

I just went to check on Bauer a few minutes ago because he hadn't fallen asleep yet for his nap and I wanted to see what was going on. I opened the door with a very stern look on my face to let him know that nap time means he has to take a nap! As soon as I opened the door he stood up, got a huge smile on his face, waved at me, and said, "I love you!" What could I do but laugh and tell him I loved him, too?! He totally knows how to disarm me!

As soon as his birthday rolled around a couple months ago I kept saying that I was so excited for him to be 3 and that I knew this was going to be a great year! Then, I realized that 3 meant he was going to be way more independent and that he was going to stop listening to a single word that came out of my mouth! So, I just need to take a few minutes and talk about the good things right now because the last few weeks have been rough!
Bauer has been saying the funniest things lately. All day Sunday he was eating snow (since it was fresh) and at one point he said, "It's cold and delicious....like ice cream!" Now, he can't have ice cream but apparently he already knows he's going to like it someday!
We had our Primary program in church on Sunday and he was such a little champ. Last year, with Matt playing the piano, Bauer flipped out and we spent the entire first hour of church standing outside the building with him crying and screaming for his daddy while I was slowing but surely losing my sanity (and not so slowly losing my patience!). This year I expected more of the same but we didn't have to leave the chapel once! I was so proud of him and very happy to have people around us who could distract/play with him while I bribed him with toys and TicTacs!
Then, in nursery, he actually sat on the mat and sang the songs with all the other kids! I wish I could've been there to see it but I was so proud of him when I heard about it. He struggles with being able to sit down for more than two seconds so that was a big deal for us!
Today he saw a small icicle hanging off our car bumper and got so concerned about it. He asked me what it was and then, after looking at it for a few seconds, figured it didn't belong there so he pulled it off! He said, "There, it's all gone." I just thought it was so cute that he was so concerned over a 3-inch icicle that would probably have melted in another hour!
Anyway, I really just needed to get some good memories down so that I can come back and hopefully be put into a better mood on the days when I want to go drop him off at the credit union and let Matt deal with him for the day!

3 comments:

Janee said...

What great memories! It's crazy how fast they grow up, huh?

How are you feeling these days? When do you guys find out what you're having?

Linz said...

Violet is very intrigued by this picture of Bauer. She is practicing pronouncing his name.

This post made me laugh because after Violet like pinches me or does something she shouldn't like that, she then gives me a big smile, waves, and says "Hi, Mommy!" Little stinker.

J.C. Carlson said...

What a sweet little guy. Hey, we all have to figure out how to survive a hostile environment ...