Dec 17, 2008

Seriously? Two Weeks?

How time flies, huh? My mom has been in town visiting since Thursday and we've been having so much fun! Unfortunately, that means I'm neglecting everything else I need to be doing. I waited too long to start Christmas shopping (mostly due to lack of ideas) and now I'm scrambling and not sure if I'm going to be able to get it all done! Not to mention all the other little things that I want/need to do before next week. (And I'm sorry to say that my grandmother is probably the only person who will be getting a Christmas card from us!)

Anyway, enough complaining! We really have been having a great time, although Bauer's been a little stinker. It's not totally his fault though, he hasn't been feeling well the entire time she's been here. We were up a ton with him on Friday night. He had a really high fever so we brought him in bed with us (which we never do) and none of us slept very well. However, even though Bauer obviously wasn't sleeping very well, it was funny to hear him when he started talking in his sleep! Right after he started drifting off Bauer rolled over towards me and muttered, "Sunglasses..." Then when Matt came up to bed he heard Bauer say, "Grammie not going to work."

The one thing we were really planning on doing while my mom was here was going to visit the A Christmas Story house. For those of you who don't know, we're huge fans! My family can probably quote almost the whole movie (and can usually find a way to bring it into any conversation). I was really looking forward to it but with Bauer being sick we just couldn't make him sit in the car for that long so we'll have to postpone it until next year or something. My mom wasn't too upset since she had just finished with a 12 hour train ride to get over here!

Well, now I'm off to enjoy the last day we have with Grammie. She leaves early tomorrow morning so we have to soak up every minute today!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

No wonder I haven't heard from you. I was wondering if you fell off the face of the earth! Hope you're having a blast. :)

Jen said...

OK how did I miss your ultrasound post. I've been looking to see if you found out, but never noticed you posted about it. Yeah, a GIRL. I am so excited for you. I bet you couldn't stop grinning all day. Congrats!!!

Tony and Traci said...

Hmm I wonder who he gets the sleep talking from... ;) That's pretty funny. I'm excited to see him next week!! Yay for Christmas!!!