Mar 12, 2009

The Blanket Thief

So, I mentioned a couple posts ago that my sister, Hannah, made Bauer his own special blanket so he would give up the one that she made for his baby sister. Apparently Lightning McQueen has nothing on this blankie because Bauer is stubbornly refusing to give it up, and seems to have grown more attached to it in the last couple weeks! He brings it in the car wherever we go and is usually dragging it all over the house with him, too. And lately he's taken to "hiding" under it when he's doing something that he knows he's not supposed to (i.e. he found his binkie and doesn't want me to know he has it).
So this morning I got out of the shower and walked around the corner to see him "hiding" again and was curious to see what mischief he was getting into. To my utmost surprise, there was no mischief, just a random collection of toys and books, and he was watching the video of himself sledding with his dad on our old digital camera!It was too cute to resist so I had to sneak away to get the camera so I could snap a few pictures before the moment ended and he moved on to something new!I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like he's staked his claim on this blanket for good and Hannah might have to make yet another blanket!

2 comments:

Becca said...

haha that is so cute! Hopefully he doesnt steal everything from the baby! Love the page Aubs!

Tony and Traci said...

That's funny. I guess he just isn't used to having to share anything because for the last couple years it has been all about him. I'm just curious to see how Christmas goes with another little one to steal the attention away from him.