Mar 5, 2009

Hip-Hop Blues...or Not

So, I was originally going to put a post up about how I loved taking my hip-hop class and that I'm so sad it's over (my last class was last week) and that I wish I could continue taking it during these next five weeks just to say that I did it through my whole pregnancy! However, after yesterday, I highly doubt that I would be allowed to do it... This little baby is so much more active than Bauer was when I was pregnant with him. Not to say that he didn't move a lot, but she moves constantly. Once, I swear she went at least three days straight without sleeping because the movement never stopped! But yesterday I noticed that she wasn't really moving as much as she usually does. Everything felt very lethargic and it started to worry me. I counted the kicks but it took me 40 minutes to get to 10 movements. I ate something sugary and laid on my side to see if that would get her moving (she hates any pressure on my stomach and lets me know about it!). Nothing worked.

After Matt got home from work we were laying on our bed (with Bauer jumping around us) and she still wasn't doing much of anything, just one or two half-hearted pushes so Matt said that I should probably call my doctor. I called and the on-call doctor said that I should probably go in just to make sure everything was okay.

Long, long story short, after being monitored for 4 hours, everything was fine but I guess I was having mini contractions that I couldn't feel. I ended up getting and IV to pump me full of fluids to get them to stop and had a few tests done to make sure I wasn't going into pre-term labor. I know this might sound silly, but I don't think this little girl is enjoying her stay in my uterus very much! Bauer was so content that I don't think he ever would've come out on his own! I have not gotten that impression this time around. Matt actually said to me last night on our way out of the hospital that he doesn't think she'll wait until I'm supposed to have my c-section before she makes her appearance!

Anyway, needless to say I think I'll be taking it easy these next few weeks (and really relying on Matt to get a lot of my big projects done). So, I guess it's a good thing that my hip-hop class ended last week because now I'm not so bummed about not being able to sign up again! But, I do plan on starting back up when I'm fully recovered so anyone who's interested is more than welcome to join me!

9 comments:

Rylie said...

I am so glad to hear everything is okay. I hope we can get together soon.

Johanna said...

I'm glad everyting is ok. I can't believe you took those classes almost to the end. I couldn't even handle water aerobics the whole time because by about 7 months any jumping motion, even in the pool, pretty much mad me pee my pants. (Shhh don't tell anyone at the YMCA).

Janee said...

Omg scary! Glad to hear everything is ok! That is SO awesome you took the hip hop class almost to the very end - you go girl!

Christine said...

I'm so glad everything is okay!! Erik was the same way... he was over the top active, and then he'd go through these 'quiet' spells. They always scared me!

...and he was two weeks early.

If you're thinking she's coming early- I'd plan on it. :)

Linz said...

I'm totally impressed that you took the class as long as you did!

Katie said...

yikes! i had no idea- glad everything turned out okay. that must have been scary! & i will totally consider taking those classes with you- let me know when it starts!

Jamie said...

Scary! Let's hope this little girl comes when she's supposed to. Where do you take hip hop classes at? I've been trying to keep up with kickboxing but I'm struggling for sure!!

Aner said...

I'm glad to hear it turned out OK! Take it easy now while you can :)

J.C. Carlson said...

I agree with Aner: it's time to take it easy. Just put your feet up and have Matt wait on you hand and foot (foot massages, that is). Love you and give my little grandson some hugs and kisses!