Apr 23, 2009

Bargain Shopper

When we came home with Cadance we didn't really have a place for her to sleep (except in my arms) and Matt especially was really concerned about that. We had a pack-n-play set up but we didn't want her to be so low to the ground so never actually put her in there. Not to mention I wouldn't have been able to get her out because of my c-section!

I mentioned to Matt before I went to bed one night that I was thinking about looking on Craigslist for a bassinet. I wasn't really holding my breath because I get frustrated easily and hardly ever find a good deal. Sometimes I'd rather just go pay full price and not have to worry about the hassle! But Matt, the internet guru, within fourteen hours of me mentioning it had gotten on Craigslist, found a bassinet, contacted the lady, went to look at it, and bought it.....for $15!!
The couple had only used it a few times for their granddaughter and it came with the pink sheet!

So I just have to say that Matt deserves some recognition for being a better bargain shopper than I am!

10 comments:

PearTheSquare said...

Beautiful bassinet, Aubrey! I always love a bargain and it looks like you found a good one. I hope Cadance sleeps well in it; she certainly looks content in the photo.

The Morgans said...

That is awesome! Good job Matt.

McGinnis Family said...

Wow! That's beautiful and such an awesome deal!!! Very impressive, Matt!!! By the way, again, I love the name Cadance!

Janee said...

Good job Matt! Nice! Yeah, we love Craigslist - our whole house is furnished almost 100% with stuff off Craigslist :)

PearTheSquare said...

My apologies to Matt! I certainly didn't mean to exclude him in my compliment of the new bassinet. I just take it for granted it's women who buy these things!

Becca said...

Nice Job Matt! She looks so tiny in there!

Jamie said...

What a great husband! And such a cute bassinet! I still need to see this cute baby room!

J.C. Carlson said...

Cadance looks so tiny in her bassinet. I am just counting the days until I can finally hold her! Always keep the bassinet; Candance can keep all her dolls in there for years. Once she gets too big to play with dolls, save it for your granddaughters.

Rylie said...

Very cute!

Tony and Traci said...

I love good deals :) Way to go Matt!