Apr 6, 2009

Early Easter

To make sure that Bauer didn't miss out on any fun Easter celebrations this year we decided to have Easter a week early in the Boardman house! On Saturday we decorated eggs with Chris and Rylie using our Gal-egg-sy egg dying kit. Would any other kit have been fitting for our future astronaut?
Bauer mischievously eyeing the finished eggs. I'm not really sure what he's thinking but it can't be good! Chris and Rylie showing off their masterpieces!Here are Bauer's favorite eggs. He pulls them out of the fridge as soon as he wakes up and carries them all over the house. The yellow one is Saturn, the orange one is Venus, and the multi-colored one is Jupiter. Venus is my personal favorite...Bauer discovering his Easter loot. No, there's no basket. They were buried all the way in the back of our storage closet and I (I mean, the Easter bunny) couldn't see them anywhere. I don't think Bauer really noticed and since this is the first (and hopefully only) time I think he'll let it slide!
And just because she isn't here yet doesn't mean that our little girl couldn't join in on all the Easter fun! Rylie wanted to paint my stomach like an Easter egg since she's pretty much going to be an Easter baby. I was a little leery at first but it was such a cute idea (and not something I would've ever thought of on my own) and I'm so glad she did it! Bauer loves looking at the pictures of my painted stomach too, I think it makes the baby more fun to him!

9 comments:

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

What a fun little Easter. I love the tummy, I think you should leave it for when you go to the hospital, I think the nurses would enjoy it. We will be thinking of you on Thursday!!

Jamie said...

Good luck this week Aubrey!! I'm so excited to meet this little girl I've heard so much about! That is one cute belly by the way... way to go Rylie!!

Becca said...

Haha, youre belly is so cute! And where in the world did you find that egg kit! how perfect is that. I love how he carries them around with him all day!

McGinnis Family said...

So much fun and great ideas! I love that Bauer has such a love for the planets, etc. I think it's so fun that you're having an Easter-time baby! good luck! I'm so excited for pictures!

Ann said...

Love the belly! So cute. Rylie did an awesome job!

Tony and Traci said...

I'm not sure if you are into it, but I have heard of ladies doing a paper-mache of their bellies. I'm not sure what one would do with one of these, but it sounds kinda cool. Anyway, Bauer is a crack up. His looks are just priceless. Oh and just in case Matt didn't tell you last night, we have an idea on what we are going to name him, but it is still undecided at this point. So... you are just going to have to wait... mwahahaha

Rylie said...

Thanks for inviting us over, and for letting me paint your tummy. Hope all goes well Thursday!!

Aner said...

Cute tummy! I love the space eggs.

sugar_cookie said...

That was a really good idea to let Bauer have an early easter so he doesn't have to miss out. Next year though he will have twice as much fun decorating and looking for eggs with his sister!