Apr 28, 2009

Help! I Need Somebody

Monday was Matt's first half-day back to work. He goes back again on Wednesday and then next Monday and Wednesday. Then, he's back to work full-time....I don't think I'm going to be ready for that! FYI, we'll be looking for people to come over for a few days before my mom gets here!While Matt was gone my friend Crissy came over to help us out. I don't think I could've handled those 5 hours if she hadn't been there. She made us breakfast, helped us go on a walk to the park and to get slushies, washed dishes, and pretty much entertained Bauer the whole time she was here! I seriously can't thank her enough!
I had to get a picture to capture the contrast between Bauer and Cadance's heights. I know there's a huge difference but Bauer is still my baby too!
Bauer likes to tell me to "hold your two babies" when he wants me to cuddle both him and Cadance together. You don't have to ask me twice! He also loves to lay down with her and pretend to be a baby too by waving his arms like she does. He's such a funny little guy!

And last but not least, because my days feel like a constant cycle of sleeping, breastfeeding, diaper changing, and dish washing & picking up toys (mostly by Matt, but I chip in when I can) I've really been feeling the urge to start Cadance's scrapbook so I have something permanent to show for my days. I know it's crazy and there's no way I would be able to do this if Matt wasn't home! But, thankfully he is and I've really enjoyed putting these pages together. If I'm careful, I might actually be able to keep up with hers and not be way behind like I am on Bauer's!

10 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

I'm sure that he didn't mind it one bit, but I think he would be wasting Cadance's time with the breastfeading ;) jk. I'm sure that you will do just great. :P

Ann said...

Doesn't it make you wonder how single parents do it? At the same time, you are able to see exactly what your capable of doing and your mulit-tasking abilites become super charged. If you need anything let me know! I will be happy to help. I can't believe what cute scrapbooking pages you have done! And with a new baby at the same time! You are wonderwoman! Looking at them makes me want to get into it again, and that's saying ALOT because I swore off scrapbooking! You did a great job!

Alyson said...

YOU'RE ALREADY SCRAPBOOKING?!? You are amazing! I've only just started on Samantha's!

Janee said...

Wow, that scrapbook looks awesome! I'm so pathetic I can't even find Maya's baby book...

Aner said...

Wow, I find it hard enough just getting my pictures in a plain old picture book! Nice work!

Rylie said...

The pages look great. Seriously let me know when you need me to come over and help!

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

I LOVE those scrapbook pages, you've inspired me to get my butt in gear with making Kameron's. Cadance is such a doll! I love the picture of her and Bauer laying next to each other. You can tell he loves his little sis:)

Stephanie said...

You might have to give up the scrapbooking and just go in to "survival mode" when Matt goes back to work! :) I'm sure it's scary and overwhelming, but I know you'll do great. What a blessing that he's been home for as long as he has!

J.C. Carlson said...

You are one amazing woman! Not only creating new life, but keeping a beautiful record of it! That's my girl!

Andy & Ashlee said...

I love the scrapbooking pages and am totally impressed that you are already so on top of it! It is kind of a rough adjustment going from two parents being at home to just you being at home with two kids. But once you get into your routine and get things situated a little bit you'll do fabulously I'm sure! Call me if you need me to take Bauer for a little bit any time.