With it being our first big outing for the summer I forgot to bring a hat or sunblock. Bauer ended up getting a little burnt but he also started getting freckles on his nose and forehead! Looks like he's going to end up looking like his mom in the summer!
May 24, 2009
Fun in the Sun
I'm so glad we finally have such beautiful weather to take advantage of! We went up to Hawk Island yesterday so I could show my mom some of the awesome parks we have.
There were so many fish in the water while we were walking around the lake that my mom decided to share her sandwich so Bauer could feed them.
They went crazy!
There were some people fishing and Bauer was totally intrigued by it. Of course, I think it helped that this little girl caught a fish at the exact moment we were walking by....twice! Now Bauer keeps talking about how he can go fishing too when he gets bigger. I think we might have to think about investing in a fishing pole but the idea of touching worms is not very appealing...
It ended up being warmer (and sunnier) than the weather channel predicted so we decided to venture onto the splash pad. Bauer has never been big on playing in the water, he usually just runs around the outside screaming, laughing. and watching the other kids playing.
Much to my surprise (and with a little encouragement from me) he ended up playing in the middle of the splash pad, getting completely soaked, having a great time, and was really sad when we left! He even got sprayed by one of the water guns and instead of getting upset like I thought he would he just said, "Hey, don't get me all wet!" and kept right on playing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It was a fun, fun day! I'm so gald I got to join in!
Hawk Island is the best! Looks like Bauer had a great time. Love the pics! WE miss you guys.
I didn't know they turned the water on at the splash pad already! Awesome. I LOVE the last picture!
They turned the splash pad on before June?! Wow it must be hot there already! I love Hawk Island - looks like you guys are having fun!
That sounds like it was so much fun! I have to find something like that around here so we can go when you come visit again!
I'm hoping Skyler won't be so timid at the splash pad this summer either! I can't wait!
This place looks AWESOME!
Good for him! I know how he feels about getting wet when you don't want to.
How fun for your mom to be here. I am sure you are loving that. I can't believe you got rid of the binky. You have got to tell me I am strong enough to do it, I seriously dread the day!
Post a Comment