Jun 23, 2009

Bauer's Corner of the Galaxy

The Boardman household has been a busy, busy place for the last few weeks. We're doing a total clean sweep of our whole house and it's a long, long, long project complete with three trips to Goodwill so far!

A couple weekends ago we overhauled Bauer's room. It was totally out of control (which is really our fault at this age) and we spent several hours in there cleaning and organizing. We also turned his crib into a big boy bed!He is so proud of his bed and has been doing great with it (aside from the occasional middle-of-the-night visits we get from him).

I also just wanted to post some pictures of his whole room. We put most of his room together last summer but it wasn't until we cleaned the whole thing out that it was picture and post worthy.
As you can see, it's planets, planets, and more planets....with quite a few spaceships thrown in, too!

Because he's been getting up so early now that he can get out of bed himself (one morning at 5:30!) I decided to try something I'd read in a Parents magazine a while ago.
When the green hour hand gets into the green colored area then he can get up, but if it's in the red then he has to stay in his room. He was really excited about it and we practiced a few times yesterday to make sure he understood. This morning was the first morning but he stayed in his there until Matt came upstairs while he was getting ready for work. We'll keep our fingers crossed that it'll keep him in his room until at least 7 from now on!

9 comments:

Tony and Traci said...

That's a pretty good idea. I'll have to keep that in mind when my little guy gets to that age. The room looks great by the way :)

McGinnis Family said...

His room looks AWESOME! And....HELLO! What a FABULOUS idea to keep Bauer in his room! That's so dang awesome! I hope that it continues to work! Keep me posted!

Jamie said...

What a cute room!! And such a great idea with the clock!! I'm going to have to try that!

Linz said...

I love his room! Cool idea from Parents.

Becca said...

Very cute room, and I love that he is in a big boy bed!

J.C. Carlson said...

I bet Bauer just loves that room! He's a lucky guy to have parents like you to take such good care of him!

sugar_cookie said...

Hey I like the quilt he has. His room looks really cool! I bet he's pretty happy to have it!

The Richardson Clan said...

The room looks great- I'm sure it's Bauer's heaven on earth. :) I love the clock idea. I'll pack that one away for the future.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

You are doing all these things that I am so scared to do, like the toddler bed, binky etc. You are a brave woman. I am glad everything is working out so great. His room looks great. We sure miss you guys. It has been way too long!