Jun 8, 2009

I'm A Survivor

At the risk of jinxing myself, I'm going to say that Parenting 2.0 is going much better than I expected it would. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I've decreased the number of activities we're involved in and I've made some adjustments to my daily schedule (such as showering at night). Another major factor is that Matt started riding his bike to work so I can have the car every day (except when it's raining) without having to drive him! It's wonderful!

We've been trying to keep life simple, but we did have a family outing on Saturday and went to see UP. I actually didn't think I was going to like it but ended up loving it! We're definitely going to own that one!

Bauer has had to learn to be on his own sometimes during the day, and one of the ways he occupies his time is by playing the Wii. He's gotten really good at some of the games and was on a roll the other day with bowling so I had to document it. He bowled a 208 and only missed 5 pins in all ten frames!
I haven't really been taking too many pictures for the last week or so (not a whole lot of extra time...) but I couldn't have a post without some Cadance pictures! When Cadance was a week old a friend of mine came over to take some pictures of her. I didn't end up posting them right away but I couldn't let her work go without some recognition. She's amazing and I'm aspiring to be like her with my budding photography skills!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures that she took:
Thanks again Ashlee!

6 comments:

The Richardson Clan said...

I absolutely love your new background. Great pictures- you'll need to teach me a few tricks too. I definitely need some photography lessons. Sounds like you are adjusting to 2 great! Simple is always better! I'm learning that myself this summer.

Jamie said...

Isn't she so amazing?? I love these pictures! They turned out so cute!

Linz said...

Your pictures are amazing! You both look so beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Great pictures, so sweet!

J.C. Carlson said...

What beautiful photos of mother and child. You will always be so grateful and happy to have those.

Becca said...

Those pictures are great! She looks like a little doll. I cant wait to see her!