Bauer, Cadance, and I went to visit my mom for most of July and, to be honest, there were some really good times and there were some bad times. It's a little bit harder with two kids than when it was just me and Bauer going! But Bauer had a good time and really misses everyone and still asks to go to Grammie/Mimi's house. (His cousin, Bryce, calls my mom Mimi and he adopted the name while we were over there. Now that we're back he's about half and half.)
Our first weekend out there we went to the Buffalo City Sesquicentennial Celebration! It's the town that my grandparents have lived in for as long as I can remember and it's one of my favorite places in this world! They sit right on the Mississippi so we enjoyed many a houseboat ride, canoe rides, playing cops and robbers in the backyard, picking wild berries, biking down to the IGA and buying penny candy, I could go on and on...
Part of the celebration was being able to enjoy the company of this lively buffalo, Cody II. Bauer didn't want to get too close but the rest of us got to pet him, including my Grandma! The people who owned him also owned some of the buffalo's that were in Dances With Wolves which I thought was pretty neat...
Then Bauer decided that he was big enough to climb this rock wall all by himself without telling anyone! I was so impressed!
Bauer and Bryce had a lot of fun trying to catch some trout in the fish pond. Neither of them did which was fine with me, but I was proud of my sister, Rachael, who was brave enough to stand in there with them while they were swinging their poles around with sharp hooks on the end of them!
We were going to have the boys get their faces painted but there was only one woman doing it and she was taking forever. We finally convinced them that going back to Great-Grammie's house was going to be more fun which leads into...
The 4th of July!
We just enjoyed the evening playing with frisbees the boys got from the parade and waiting to watch the fireworks across the river. I don't know if my memory from last year is skewed, but I swear we saw about 3 fireworks when last year there was a whole show! Oh well, it was fun just being out there by the river and we were entertained by Bauer and Bryce running around with glowing bracelets and necklaces.
Happy Fourth of July!
1 comment:
What a wonderfully fun day! I was so proud of my boys and all the new things they tried. Everything we did was great, even though grammie (my mom) asked me to fetch an eating utensil for some strange man. Whatever! Doesn't she know me at all!?! Needless to say, the man fetched his own spork!
Post a Comment