Aug 2, 2009

And The Rest!

The rest of our visit was pretty low-key. We mostly hung out at parks or in this cool little play area that my mom and sister built before we got there.
They made this awesome gravel sand box that the boys could play in with their dump trucks and shovels. They had a blast in it even if a lot of the gravel ended up on the sidewalk and in the yard...
They also built this cool playhouse and found a kitchen, fridge, and picnic table to put in it. Bauer's just chillin' after a long day and snacking on a piece of plastic chicken.
We visited a friend of ours and Bauer had such a great time playing with her kids! They have a huge yard out in the country and he ran around playing on the trampoline, in the pool, and on their swing set.I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this picture but it does remind me of another certain trio....Moe, Larry, and Curly?There's this really awesome toy store that we go to every year, too. They had this little train and the depot sitting out with a big "For Sale" sign on it! I thought about buying it but didn't think we'd have room in our car for it so I decided not to. Oh, and ignore the "Employees Only" sign that Bauer's sitting next to...They have this really awesome wooden carousel and the animals are just amazing! If you can't tell, we all really enjoyed the ride!Aunt Rachael treated Bauer to an over-sized lollipop that he downed in about two minutes. Just what he needs, more sugar! He actually really wanted one of those huge round suckers but Rachael convinced him to take the smaller one instead....thank goodness!The day before we left we went to go visit my grandma one more time. When we called to tell her we were coming out to see her she was so happy! She said that she was aching to hold Cadance and that if we hadn't gone out there, she was going to come into town to see us to make sure she got to hold her! It was so sweet and I made sure that she held her for most of the time we were out there.It was raining on and off for most of that last day and these two boys had more fun with their Grammie and those two umbrellas then they did the whole rest of the time we were out there! It was so cute to watch them playing in the rain and now I'm convinced that we need to get Bauer his own little umbrella.Even though my mom has a lot of stuff to get done before the end of the summer, I know she wasn't ready for us to leave. I just wish that we lived closer so we could see her more often! Bauer had such a fun time with her, Bryce and Rachael and he asks me almost every day if we can go back to see them.
We met halfway at my aunt's farm so Matt could pick us up and Bauer practically jumped out of his skin when Matt pulled in. He was so excited to see his daddy and didn't want to leave his side! Even Cadance started smiling right away when Matt came over and started talking to her! It was so hard to leave but it's good to be home (and I don't mind having the help again). I know Matt really missed us this year so despite all the pandemonium, he's glad to have us back, too!

6 comments:

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. We are glad you are back thouugh. It was great to see you today!

Becca said...

Wow...that was a lot of stuff to read. Im glad that you had so much fun! Bauer is getting really big, I almost didnt recognize him from the last time I saw him!

J.C. Carlson said...

When you say pandemonium, do you mean it in the sense of utter chaos? Or in the sense of a large gathering of demons? I suppose either definition works.

And, no, I was not really ready for you all to leave, even though this chief demon did need to have a little less chaos.

J.C. Carlson said...

Bauer is getting so big. He has definately grown this summer! Aw, my sweet little guy. I sure miss him. And we all want to hold Cadance again. Thanks for spending so much time with me this summer. I just love you guys to pieces!

Tony and Traci said...

I'm glad you had a fun time with your mom and sisters. I love the picture at the top of your blog. Bauer looks very handsome with his hair cut short and done. Cadance is very adorable too. :)

The Richardson Clan said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip. That's great you could spend all that time with your mom and I'm sure Bauer loved playing with all the kids. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Bauer is looking like a little man and Cadance is just the sweetest thing.