Oct 23, 2009

Our Own Sneaky, Little Hobbitses

Tonight we put the kids to bed (as usual) and Matt and I both went downstairs to the office. Matt had homework and I had a few things that I was working on. I remember hearing some quiet rustling coming down the stairs, but didn't do anything and quickly forgot about it.

About an hour and a half later I went upstairs to try to sneak something out of Cadance's room (which, of course, woke her up) and was going to shut Bauer's door while I was up there. I peeked in his room and the bed was empty! I looked all over the room but didn't see him. Then, I went out to the living room to check, but still no Bauer. I looked back in his room to make sure I didn't miss him and then remembered the rustling I'd heard over an hour earlier!

I walked downstairs and looked in the family room and discovered......Bauer lounging, fast asleep, on the couch. He was wrapped up in Baby Cadance blankie (which he has no intention of giving to it's namesake) and laying on the clean laundry that I was folding earlier in the day. Hey, who cares where he's sleeping, as long as he's asleep, right?!

3 comments:

Noni said...

He's so sweet. He must have wanted to be close to his Mommy and Daddy. I can remember someone else you know doing the same thing often.

Linz said...

That's pretty hilarious! I think I would have panicked at the empty room at first!

Becca said...

Thats cute!