Oct 9, 2009

Six Superb Months

Six months...I can't believe we've come this far already. It has gone by in a flash! I'm thankful everyday for this beautiful little girl that we've been blessed with.

Our attempt at her 6 month photo shoot didn't go exactly as planned:
That's right, she fell asleep in the middle of it! Who knew that when you don't take a very long nap you get tired sooner?
But then, after a little siesta, we were back in business!
I love everything about this girl! I love:
-the sound of her breath in my ear when she's looking over my shoulder.
-cuddling with her when she's in bed with us and being able to hold her close to me.
-her sweet smile when we play with her.
-when she reaches out to touch Bauer's hair and play with him whenever he comes near her.
-how excited she gets when it's time to eat her cereal and how she's disappointed when it's gone!
-the way she kicks her legs like crazy when she's excited, she even starts panting sometimes, too!
-her squeal of delight.
-the fact that she loves it when we hold her upside down.
-that she loves to suck her thumb and has fallen asleep every time today without her binky.
-the wide-eyed look she gets when she sees something she wants.
-her chubby legs!
-her soft, rosy, kissable cheeks.
-that she has to reach out and touch everything, especially noses and hair!
-how much she adores Bauer.
-that she likes to play with her reflection and she's so interested in other babies.
-her beautiful, blue eyes.
-the way she curls into me when I pick her up and wrap my arms around her.
But most of all, I love that she fit right into our family like a missing puzzle piece we never even knew was gone. We love you, Cadance!!

14 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my gosh....she is soooooooooooooooo cute. Those are the most adorable pictures I have ever seen! I love that there are so many posts for me to read! I cant wait to see her and the rest of yall! just over 2 months! Yipee!

Johanna said...

I am still laughing just thinking about the picture of her with her face planted in the blanket. Too funny.

McGinnis Family said...

That is seriously so dang cute, funny, and adorable! I love the face-plant picture also! Aubrey, she is precious and so sweet!!!!

Alexis said...

She is one cute girl. Each child is just like you said - a puzzle piece you didn't know was missing! Loved that.

J.C. Carlson said...

Oh my sweet, beautiful girl--I wish I could hold Cadance right now. Aubrey, you do a supurb job taking photos of your little angels. And I'm pretty sure Cadance is crying because she's missing her Mimi-Dearest.

Stephanie said...

She is so cute! I love how she always has her thumb in her mouth! And I love the hat. You did a great job with her pictures!

The Richardson Clan said...

Awesome pics! I love the thumb sucking. She is so much fun. I had a blast hanging out the other day. She is definitely fun to play with- her coos and giggles just make me smile.

Jamie said...

She is so cute! That's funny that she fell asleep. I love her hat as well. Did you make it?

Ann said...

Way cute photo shoot! 6 months already? That did go by fast! haha. I love all the things you love about her. I could say "ditto" about all the things I love about my kids. and I also "ditto" what lexie said!

Tony and Traci said...

HAHAHAHA! That first one is hilarious. I'm glad you got some good ones. The not so happy ones are fun too though.

sugar_cookie said...

Who woulnd't love such a beautiful little girl!! We miss her so much!

Rylie said...

I love the dress! ;) That hat is adorable too! She is just so precious!

Janee said...

Ok that pic with her face down - I laughed out loud so hard just now! These are the cutest pics ever! Don't you just love it when they don't cooperate :)

The Insane Louthains said...

i love that girl! I can not believe you have a girl!