Nov 23, 2009

Christmas Countdown

Well, the laundry may not have been folded in weeks, the dishes don't get done everyday, and the soap dispensers need to be refilled, but don't worry, I have plenty of time for crafts!
I just finished making this advent calendar out of matchboxes and chipboard (and a few other decorative supplies). I've been wanting to make one for Bauer and finally did it! It required a lot of tedious work but I think it turned out really well, better than I thought it was going to! I also have the supplies to make one for Cadance (the paper was so cute I just had to buy it!) but we'll see if I get to that before December 1st...I don't think she would notice one way or the other...

I was putting the finishing touches on it and Bauer asked me what it was. I told him it was for him and he would be able to open one drawer a day and a surprise would be in each drawer. He immediately put his arm around my shoulders and said, "Thank you for giving me that box, that was so nice of you!"
He also just said to me, "I love that box!" We'll see what happens when he opens it and there's a Starburst candy inside instead of a Mario Kart remote control toy....which is what he thinks will be in there...

7 comments:

Katie said...

i love it- i always have time for crafts, too, in spite of everything else that is supposed to get done! :) That is so cute!

Ann said...

I was going to make one too out of matchboxes that I saw on a blog. It was in the shape of a tree. But I totally lost motivation. It looks really cute. You did a great job on it! Housework can always wait!

J.C. Carlson said...

I bet Bauer is going to be thrilled to find a piece of candy in his first drawer. He'll look forward to each day's surprise. Mini-marshmellows might fit in there! Or a stick of gum; a certificate for a slushy; a coupon for a happy meal; a tiny toy; The list is ready to be explored! I bet Mimi-Dearest could think of something to add ...

Tony and Traci said...

How cute. I love it. You are so crafty.

Linz said...

I've never seen an advent calendar as a box. How perfect. And love the pics in your header!

Becca said...

That is so neat!

Rylie said...

That turned out so cute!